PV3125 - Paragon Puzzle Solved!

PV3125 - Paragon Puzzle Solved!

Chad
Chad

December 30th, 2013, 5:58 pm #1

The most difficult part of the rebuild was piecing together the missing/damaged V-drive. In the process, I have accumulated a handful of extra Paragon parts. Give me a shout if you're looking for anything V-drive related: mounting hardware, gear boxes, trans oil coolers, etc. I also have a complete PV31 V-drive assembly for a Chrysler 318 application.

Last edited by FEfinaticP on September 5th, 2017, 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 31st, 2013, 7:07 pm #2

My starboard paragon would rattle a bit below 1000 rpm and it always bugged me. Even though the SB 427 engine seemed to run fine at the time I finally set the valves and with new plugs, no more rattle with the paragon. It seems they transmit and amplify any rough idle even if it is slight...

With all your paragon experiences, did you notice areas where they are prone to leak and if so if fixing leaks is a major job?

Jim
Seattle

Chad
Chad

January 1st, 2014, 3:29 am #3

Thanks Jim, my experience with the V-drive is based mostly on documentation pulled from the net and lengthy discussions with the pros who rebuild Paragons. As you know, Paragon V-drive parts are scarce and expensive. I needed to educate myself before purchasing any "useless" parts for my assembly.

My V-drive was completely rebuilt by Kalamazoo Marine Gear. All the seals, bearings and gaskets have be replaced. I don't have any leaks at this point. I guess I'll know more when the engine goes back in the boat and it's run under load. I'll fire it up in the Spring.

September 29th, 2016, 11:37 pm #4

The most difficult part of the rebuild was piecing together the missing/damaged V-drive. In the process, I have accumulated a handful of extra Paragon parts. Give me a shout if you're looking for anything V-drive related: mounting hardware, gear boxes, trans oil coolers, etc. I also have a complete PV31 V-drive assembly for a Chrysler 318 application.

Hello Chad,

Do you still have parts for these V-Drives? I know this is a really old post but I'm in need of a case. The case we have has been repaired twice and isn't in great shape. I'd like to get one that hasn't been damaged/repaired to replace it.

Chad
Chad

September 30th, 2016, 3:27 am #5

Rafael. The "back-up" case I have has been repaired (welded) as well. I chose the best of the two when putting mine back together. Let me know if you're interested and I'll snap a few photos.

February 1st, 2018, 6:43 am #6

Thanks,
Marco

CHAD
CHAD

February 2nd, 2018, 7:16 pm #7

Hi Marco, I believe I have a box full of V-drive parts that were handed to much after my rebuild; misc gears, bearings and such. Not sure of they are any good or not as the shop built one V-drive from 2 different cases. I will take a photo when I get a chance.

February 5th, 2018, 8:21 am #8

I've found a Pv3225 that I could possibly rebuild as a 1:1 ratio, I asked federal marine to accomplish this task but he doesn't know if he had parts...
Thanks again.

Marco