Paul, Janet and Tradition in Motor Boating Magazine

Mark Weller
Mark Weller

May 18th, 2006, 7:06 pm #1

I have heard of this article for about 2 weeks now but have not been able to find a copy of the magazine locally. Today I found it has been posted to the Motor Boating web site at this link.

http://www.motorboating.com/motorboat/f ... 79,00.html

Congratulations Paul and Janet you are truly two most deserving people of such recognition and a definite asset to the Chris Craft Community.

Mark Weller

Edit comment: Back in 2006 when this article was published The Forum web site was getting around 1500 pages read per day as noted in the article. Today, March 3, 2018, the pages accessed around the world each year are in the million(s), and increasing each year. It’s amazing how much interest there is about classic Commanders, and I know this web site has only scratched the surface !!

edit comment: Article scans added
edit comment: Link to Motor Boating Magazine home page added
Last edited by FEfinaticP on May 3rd, 2018, 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eric Jensen
Eric Jensen

May 18th, 2006, 7:24 pm #2

Sounds like the author listened carefully to you and picked up some of the fine points that make an interesting article. I noticed you even got in a shot at the Chevrolet racing effort.

Paul
Paul

May 18th, 2006, 7:52 pm #3

I have heard of this article for about 2 weeks now but have not been able to find a copy of the magazine locally. Today I found it has been posted to the Motor Boating web site at this link.

Congratulations Paul and Janet you are truly two most deserving people of such recognition and a definite asset to the Chris Craft Community.

Mark Weller

Edit comment: Back in 2006 when this article was published The Forum web site was getting around 1500 pages read per day as noted in the article. Today, March 3, 2018, the pages accessed around the world each year are in the million(s), and increasing each year. It’s amazing how much interest there is about classic Commanders, and I know this web site has only scratched the surface !!

You never know what someone is going to pick up during an interview, or what they will write, but I think John did a nice job with the piece. Thanks very much for posting the link, I was anxious to see it because I too had been hearing about it, and not able to find a copy!

Regards, and thank you for your kind words too,

Paul

May 18th, 2006, 7:52 pm #4

Mark Weller

Here is an image I lifted from the Motor Boating web site I think it should be the next Photo of the Day

Paul
Paul

May 18th, 2006, 8:22 pm #5

You never know what someone is going to pick up during an interview, or what they will write, but I think John did a nice job with the piece. Thanks very much for posting the link, I was anxious to see it because I too had been hearing about it, and not able to find a copy!

Regards, and thank you for your kind words too,

Paul
I don't know if the actual printed article will say or not, but that last photo is Warren Pateman's boat. When Motor Boating called and expressed interest, I sent Warren's photos thinking they would like to use them for their feature, because it was such a well documented "total" restoration costing mega-dollars too. Hopefully the printed version will identify this properly as Warren's boat.

Paul

Tom Slayton
Tom Slayton

May 18th, 2006, 8:51 pm #6

Mark Weller

Janet is a sweetheart! I noticed a month or two ago on the master index that Paul dedicated the site to her, and I can see why now!

Thanks for posting the link Mark, I hadn't heard about this, and I didn't know Motor Boating even had a "Feature" web site.

Tom

May 18th, 2006, 11:51 pm #7

Mark Weller

What a nice article, that's MY boat (almost)! That sure gives me a lot of pride owning a 38 Commander, Paul, nice work on the boat, great article, pretty wife too! You two look like you really enjoy boating together.

Howard

Dave Mehl
Dave Mehl

May 19th, 2006, 3:19 am #8

Mark Weller

Thanks for posting the link, Mark. Congratulations Paul, nice article for the Commander Comanderos.

Dave

May 20th, 2006, 2:49 am #9

I don't know if the actual printed article will say or not, but that last photo is Warren Pateman's boat. When Motor Boating called and expressed interest, I sent Warren's photos thinking they would like to use them for their feature, because it was such a well documented "total" restoration costing mega-dollars too. Hopefully the printed version will identify this properly as Warren's boat.

Paul
That's a good one for the Commander files, everyone needs a copy of this issue on board their boat. I get the magazine, and was surpised to see the article. I saw the reference to Warren's boat here on the forum, but it doesn't appear in the printed version of the magazine.

Great job!

Charlie
Commander35
Cape Vincent, NY

May 20th, 2006, 8:33 am #10

Mark Weller

Paul, I echo the comments of the others here -- a great interview and article. Thanks for this forum -- restoring a Commander without this resource would have been ever-so-much harder, and a lot less fun.

Best wishes, Curt...
---

1967 fiberglass 38' Chris Craft Commander Sportfisher with twin 427 CID 300 HP engines.