* Okay campers, here's one for the Lancer fans ( Lots of brochure scans ! )

Paul
Paul

May 16th, 2008, 12:23 am #1

The Lancer is a very close cousin to the Chris Craft Commander. After all, the 23' Lancer and the 23' Commander share the same hull forms.

Here's some info that should give us all a bigger appreciation for this awesome Chris Craft line, especially after having seen John Kloka snag one that looks like the owner spent every evening rubbing on another layer of carnuba.

And now.............drumroll please,

here is the Lancer, as promoted in the 1966 Chris Craft lineup!

Here's the 23' Lancer Offshore model ! ( 1971 model )

more Lancer stuff in next post.......................

Paul
Last edited by FEfinaticP on May 17th, 2012, 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paul
Paul

May 16th, 2008, 12:27 am #2

Note the three Lancer models represented here, the Transdrive, Inboard, and Overnighter! How about that full canvas?

More Lancer stuff follows......................

Paul

Paul
Paul

May 16th, 2008, 12:30 am #3

The rare 19' Lancer ! How many of these have we seen for sale (Answer: "one").

more Lancer stuff follows..........................

Paul

Paul
Paul

May 16th, 2008, 12:34 am #4

Yes, they even made a 17' Lancer. Again, how many of these have we seen for sale in the last 3 or 4 years? Not any??

Paul
Paul

May 16th, 2008, 12:39 am #5

I think you can sense just how close this particular model came to being called a Commander. If it were not for a stroke of the pen, this boat would have been a Commander. It is a close cousin, styled by the same guy who styled numerous Commander models, Dick Avery, and it was up to the marketing department to position the boats competitively in the marketplace. They called this one a Lancer, but could (or should) it have been badged a Commander 25?

Regards,

Paul

John Kloka
John Kloka

May 16th, 2008, 12:50 am #6

Note the three Lancer models represented here, the Transdrive, Inboard, and Overnighter! How about that full canvas?

More Lancer stuff follows......................

Paul
I'm diggin the galley package and cockpit dinette... a mini-Commander!?!?
Also, thanks to this info, I see how my aft bench seat turns into a big ol' sunlounge/bed! THANKS, PAUL!!!

Klokanuts.

Mark Weller
Mark Weller

May 16th, 2008, 1:00 am #7

I think you can sense just how close this particular model came to being called a Commander. If it were not for a stroke of the pen, this boat would have been a Commander. It is a close cousin, styled by the same guy who styled numerous Commander models, Dick Avery, and it was up to the marketing department to position the boats competitively in the marketplace. They called this one a Lancer, but could (or should) it have been badged a Commander 25?

Regards,

Paul
You see those twin outdrives on a 25 footer talk about a mover and a shaker that boat would really fly even with a couple of lousy v6's. A pair of twin v8's and lookout its moving and I mean fast moving.

John Kloka
John Kloka

May 16th, 2008, 1:35 am #8

Regards,

Paul
When these brochures tell you how good these boats ride, they speak the truth! I'm amazed, to say the least, and I've run (and loathed) my share of small boats! To think I might happen upon a 25 foot version makes me light headed and dizzy! That ride, combined with the extra room, yet relatively small and sporty... I'm ALL in! I might as well start looking now as it will likely be quite a while before I find one...

Kloka-NUTS!

May 16th, 2008, 11:48 am #9

John I feel tha same way about the 25 Lancer. As soon as I found and closed the deal on my 23 Commander, I felt the need to search and somehow justify a 25. We are boat fanatics, nuts, obsessed. Just ask anyone's wife.
You are in great company. I am sure happy that I found this group. There is power in numbers. Boat "nuts" UNITE!

Bill P
Ghost Rider

Steve
Steve

May 16th, 2008, 12:09 pm #10

When these brochures tell you how good these boats ride, they speak the truth! I'm amazed, to say the least, and I've run (and loathed) my share of small boats! To think I might happen upon a 25 foot version makes me light headed and dizzy! That ride, combined with the extra room, yet relatively small and sporty... I'm ALL in! I might as well start looking now as it will likely be quite a while before I find one...

Kloka-NUTS!
John,
Put down the mouse, turn off the computer, grab a paper bag, close your eyes and breath then hold it for 7 seconds while humming "its a beautiful day in the neighborhood" and go for a boat ride!!
You have Chriscraftitus BAAAAAAD dude! Then again thats not such a bad thing.
Steve