Steve
Steve

May 16th, 2008, 12:12 pm #11

I think you can sense just how close this particular model came to being called a Commander. If it were not for a stroke of the pen, this boat would have been a Commander. It is a close cousin, styled by the same guy who styled numerous Commander models, Dick Avery, and it was up to the marketing department to position the boats competitively in the marketplace. They called this one a Lancer, but could (or should) it have been badged a Commander 25?

Regards,

Paul
Great stuff Paul, very interesting info.
Steve

John Kloka
John Kloka

May 16th, 2008, 12:33 pm #12

John I feel tha same way about the 25 Lancer. As soon as I found and closed the deal on my 23 Commander, I felt the need to search and somehow justify a 25. We are boat fanatics, nuts, obsessed. Just ask anyone's wife.
You are in great company. I am sure happy that I found this group. There is power in numbers. Boat "nuts" UNITE!

Bill P
Ghost Rider
I can help you with explaining it to your boss, er, wife! "honey, it's just a touch bigger, you'll have more room to go potty,and it'll ride even better, (if that's even possible), plus it's still a single, so won't cost more to own and operate!

Okay, now I've got a plan, I've just got to find the boat!!

Actually, I want one so I can be the forum "picture o' the day" just one more time!

John Kloka-NUTS!!!

thibaud
thibaud

May 16th, 2008, 1:17 pm #13

Yes, they even made a 17' Lancer. Again, how many of these have we seen for sale in the last 3 or 4 years? Not any??

http://www.blocket.se/vi/15665071.htm?ca=11_s&last=1

Check this out !

Apparently lying in Goteborg (Sweden) but still wearing Wisconsin reg.

John Kloka
John Kloka

May 16th, 2008, 4:59 pm #14

Thibaud... stop taking our boats!!!

Just kidding...

But while I've got you here... are you a member of the Lancerclub.se? If so, I would like to buy one of those cool posters with the 3 lancers on it! Really!! I e-mailed the webmaster (i think) but got no response... maybe I don't speak swedish so well. Ha Ha. Anyway, if you could help me get one, I'd really appreciate it!!!
Thank you,
John Kloka

Paul
Paul

May 16th, 2008, 5:02 pm #15

John, sit down. Get a paper bag. Breathe slowly into the bag, inhale, hold it for a few seconds. Now exhale.

Repeat this for a few minutes.

It's going to be allright!

your friend,

Paul

May 17th, 2008, 12:07 am #16

John,
Put down the mouse, turn off the computer, grab a paper bag, close your eyes and breath then hold it for 7 seconds while humming "its a beautiful day in the neighborhood" and go for a boat ride!!
You have Chriscraftitus BAAAAAAD dude! Then again thats not such a bad thing.
Steve
John,

Just tell me where to mail the check. I want your 23'. No backing out now.

Greg

thibaud
thibaud

May 18th, 2008, 11:20 am #17

Thibaud... stop taking our boats!!!

Just kidding...

But while I've got you here... are you a member of the Lancerclub.se? If so, I would like to buy one of those cool posters with the 3 lancers on it! Really!! I e-mailed the webmaster (i think) but got no response... maybe I don't speak swedish so well. Ha Ha. Anyway, if you could help me get one, I'd really appreciate it!!!
Thank you,
John Kloka
John,

The admin of the site you refer to is Ronny T Andersson. His mail is ronny (at) baringen (dot) se
He speaks english and is in touch with everyone and everything related to Lancers in Sweden. There is approx. 50 hulls over there, from the 17 to the 25 SF.

By the way, I am not from Sweden and do not speak Swedish but I will do my best to help you.

Regards

John Kloka
John Kloka

May 18th, 2008, 11:42 pm #18

Thibaud,
Thanks for the tip. I'll try reaching Ronny via e-mail.
My apologies for assuming that you were something that you are not, (Swede or otherwise), and If I need help, I'll let you know here on the forum. Have you seen the poster of which I speak?

Regards,

John Kloka.

thibaud
thibaud

May 19th, 2008, 8:41 am #19

I suggest you ask Ronny for buying the poster with the 3 Lancers. He is a very reliable source of information.

May 19th, 2008, 11:31 am #20

Thibaud,

Hope your 23' project is moving forward in France. Please keep us posted, let us know if you need any assistance with the 427.

In addition, if you are in contact with Ronnie, give his our regards as our official ambassador from the Commander Forum.

Regards, all the best,

Paul