OCEAN STAR running at speed on Lake Lanier

OCEAN STAR running at speed on Lake Lanier

Paul
Paul

September 8th, 2014, 4:01 pm #1

Thanks to Greg Mason for the documentation !
Here we have Captain Rey aboard his awesome 1967 427-powered 38 Express running on a nice plane on Lake Lanier, GA.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/EUx32pAar0o?rel=0

OCEAN STAR is the former GROSSE ILE, now living in Southern waters on Lake Lanier, from South Haven, Michigan.

The boat is one of the better well maintained survivor Commanders out there.
A beautiful sight to behold !

Regards,

Paul

September 9th, 2014, 1:48 am #2

Paul, you are so right. I cannot even put it into words how mesmerized I was after Rey and his son invited my son and me aboard for a quick run down the lake. This boat is absolutely flawless! The crazy part is that it hasn't been restored. It is like stepping back in time to 1967. I I could take a seat somewhere on board and just sit for hours and take in all the features from that era. The impromptu video was taken by my son with an IPhone while bouncing aboard a Seadoo. Rey said he was freaked out by the nutcase on the Seadoo until he figured out he was being videoed, lol. Good times! I told Rey we needed to get the Gopro and do it up right so that will happen at some point. Long live the old classics and the people who are caring for them.

Greg Mason
Last edited by GregMason on September 9th, 2014, 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paul
Paul

March 27th, 2018, 5:58 am #3

This Express is one of the better survivors out there today, a spectacular 100% original boat with 427 power.

regards,
Paul