new mate from France !!

September 25th, 2017, 3:25 pm #1

Hello guys,

I'm Edward from Arcachon in France.
I'm a fan of CC lancer and commander. Currently I own a 23 commander 1969.

There's a lot of Chris Craft lancer in the Arcachon Bay. Do not hesitate if you have any questions

Just I wanted to post a video of a terrible fire of a Chris craft launch in the port of Arcachon the last weekend.

http://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr/ ... 33973.html

have a nice day

Edward

Last edited by edwardp33 on September 25th, 2017, 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paul
Paul

September 25th, 2017, 7:26 pm #2

We have several forum members from France and we're delighted to have another one join the group. I hate to see the fire news, and it is odd because I searched our available news here in the US and there is virtually no mention of this localized event so we only know about this because you posted it here.

As for the Lancers, yes those are great boats with a history coming directly from the world of offshore racing. The US models were reproduced in Italy with some modifications to the upper decks and seating arrangements but they are essentially the same boats with the same motors. We know of numerous Lancers that have been exported from the US to Europe but no examples that have come the other direction from Europe. In particular, I think it would be quite the capture if someone here in the US were to acquire a 427-powered 23-foot Monte Carlo, because nobody here has ever seen one and many of the "most informed Chris-Craft experts" are unaware it was ever produced.

Don't be a stranger, we are always interested in seeing classics from Europe and of course we're here to assist in the event you need some help.

Regards,
Paul

September 25th, 2017, 9:34 pm #3

Last edited by edwardp33 on September 25th, 2017, 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 25th, 2017, 9:43 pm #4

https://www.bateaux-a-la-carte.com

on this link you can see a CC customized by a shipyard.
click on the picture of the home and scroll down...

September 27th, 2017, 2:37 pm #5

Hey Edward, your boat looks to be in great shape, and the customization looks well done too. Thanks for sharing the photo and the link !

regards,
Paul