MORE about The Forum ( Features / History / Mission / Protocol )

MORE about The Forum ( Features / History / Mission / Protocol )

Paul
Paul

March 12th, 2010, 9:44 pm #1

CONGRATULATIONS !

You have just found what we believe to be the world's largest collection of scanned information, documentation photographs,
and technical tips about the Chris Craft Commander series of boats. This information is submitted by individuals, recognized by
internationally circulated boating publications, and viewed by people all over the world every day.
The main feature of this independent and NON COMMERCIAL site is

the MASTER INDEX file !.

This is an organized archive of worthy posts, a collection of thousands of photos, scans, links and data that have come in from
all corners of the world. If you need help, or have questions, information or photos about the Commander series you think
others would be interested in seeing, please feel welcome to post here on "The FORUM".

This site was originally started in mid-2005 and has become what we believe to be the largest database of information
of it's kind in the world, freely and easily available to the general public for personal use, with well over a million pages accessed
each year from as many as 119 countries each month. This independent site is not affiliated with Chris-Craft Corporation
or the Chris Craft Commander Club.

We have some really special threads here:
of particular note, be sure to see <font face="Trebuchet" color="#CC0066">Oliver & Sonja Oelgart's
great thread about
how they found a 41' Chris Craft in a German warehouse with only 12 hours on the hour meter, and ran this boat off the South of Spain!

~.~

Don't miss the tribute to Warren Pateman, and the article he wrote about his total restoration and refitting of BAMBI, a 38' Commander.

A very big THANK YOU to Motor Boating Magazine, especially senior editor, John Clemans, and executive editor, Jeanne Craig;
with whom your forum moderator worked on the feature 38' Chris Craft Commander article, appearing in the
June, 2006 issue, of Motor Boating Magazine!

That circulation at the time I believe was somethng like three million people world-wide and we still today
even seven years later get comment about people who saw that article, keep it on their boat for reference,
or put it in a three ring binder. In any case, that generous coverage from John and Jeanne helped launch
us into the stratosphere on the world wide web, and we have never looked back.

Please visit the Protocol for Posting and then have fun!

You may note we only have one basic rule here on The Forum.
This format has worked well for TEN YEARS now !!
We intentionally avoid long lists of rules because we don't think our esteemed guests should be treated like adolescents,
and sometimes is seems as though life just has too many controls and regulations to begin with. Therefore we expect good
manners and respect from our membership and we rarely ever see any cause for concern. I think classic boating fans are
just well behaved and respectful naturally. In turn, WE RESPECT YOU BACK, and we don't ask you to even login,
or provide any PERSONAL INFORMATION. You can do so if you want to and many do, but we do not ask for or publish
names or email addresses, or phone numbers here, or ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION unless approval is granted.

Today that is a rare thing in the world-wide web, and we work hard to keep that concept viable here.

Our mission is

"TO HAVE FUN AND SHARE INFORMATION",

which means you won't find a CD for sale here but you can find what you need (and more) FREE by just using
the Master Index file and moving from one link to another, or by using our SEARCH FEATURE. There is more information
on the hard drives of NETWORK 54 than you would ever be able to put on a set of CDs, and the information is
constantly being updated and cross-linked every time there is a new associated tidbit of contributing
information or error found. The problem with a CD is the fact that they are often dumb documents,
and if an error finds its way into one, it is encoded on that CD forever, and this could have
personal safety and/or financial repercussions.

We are not in the business of selling boats or parts, we'll help get worthy boats and parts to people
who need them but we do not accept any reimbursement for ANY service here, and will refuse it if offered.
We do not accept ANY advertizement on this web site, and we pay extra each month in order to avoid it.
That is our way of remaining independent and focused on the fun, by removing the money issue.

We are able to maintain a web site like this by virtue of daily involvement and maintenance.
On rare occasion if we encounter a problem, we notify the ISP involved and the entity (person or company)
will be banned without notice. Life is simply too short.

This non-commercial and not-for-profit site exists to share information with people like you.
It is a collaboration between many contributors from all parts of the world, all submitting information
when and if they think it may be of interest or value. It is our gift to the world of Chris-Craft
classic boating.

Please respect the copyright limitations stated on the bottom of each page,
and then.......Happy hunting, and ENJOY !

Paul

Forum Moderator

</font>

Last edited by FEfinaticP on June 9th, 2015, 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dudley e stith
dudley e stith

July 20th, 2015, 4:11 pm #2

I watched a utube video of a fellow who had his name listed as craig j. I haave a lancer express a 1978 model hull number 8057. mine is currently in use but would like to correspond with this gentleman. I believe I saw on this forum about a year ago that he was going to restore his. iof you have any contact information I would appreciate an email address. they are great old boats and I just repowered mine.

any help you can give me will be appreciated. I keep my boat on the ten river in the Perryville area at lost creek boat dock.

Dudley stith
stithde@gmail.com

July 20th, 2015, 5:11 pm #3

Glad to see another 24' out there. I sent you an email. Please post some photos here so we can take a look at what you've got.

Paul
Paul

July 20th, 2015, 5:27 pm #4

What The a Forum is for

Regards
Paul

Paul
Paul

August 8th, 2015, 2:39 pm #5

I took note that Dudley referred to Craig J as a "gentleman", what's this all about ??

Craig, of course you know by being such a celeb, you do attract a friendly jab in the ribs now and then

Regards,
Paul

August 10th, 2015, 6:20 pm #6

...coming from anyone other than Paul, that might be considered a jab slightly lower than the ribs! Dudley and I have corresponded over the past couple weeks. He seems like a real down in the weeds guy like most of us. Glad there's another 24' out there.
As to the gentleman part, I feel lately like the whole country has turned into a complete gutter. When these guys were around,

we had boats like this

Now we have..you can fill in the blanks. I'll remain a gentleman.