intro

intro

March 28th, 2018, 2:39 pm #1

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to introduce myself. While I have been restoring (hobby) wooden boats for 20 plus years, I am new to 'glass. I will probably need some help and you guys look like a great resource.
My new acquisition is a 1975 lancer 23. Looks to be the blue and white striped rally pak. I think original 350 smallblock and 280 outdrive.When the Ohio weather improves I will post some pics. It needs ALOT of help.
Has anyone found a source for lancer hull badge or a 3d print? Also, may as well get started, do you know of a manufacturer of 5/8 inch OD tube and end/deck fittings to replace the totally shot ones on my inner windshield supports.
Thanks

Paul
Paul

March 29th, 2018, 4:25 am #2

There isn’t one bolt, screw, or fitting this group is unfamiliar with. There are a LOT of 23 projects archived here, and l am also working on a 1973 23 Inboard. They are great boats and could have easily been badged and sold as a Commander.

Regards,
Paul

March 29th, 2018, 11:49 am #3

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to introduce myself. While I have been restoring (hobby) wooden boats for 20 plus years, I am new to 'glass. I will probably need some help and you guys look like a great resource.
My new acquisition is a 1975 lancer 23. Looks to be the blue and white striped rally pak. I think original 350 smallblock and 280 outdrive.When the Ohio weather improves I will post some pics. It needs ALOT of help.
Has anyone found a source for lancer hull badge or a 3d print? Also, may as well get started, do you know of a manufacturer of 5/8 inch OD tube and end/deck fittings to replace the totally shot ones on my inner windshield supports.
Thanks
The old Lancers are well worth the effort to bring back. These hulls can handle Lake Erie's constant chop well ....within reason of course. Lancer badges are pretty rare, that's probably why yours are missing. but the windshield braces can easily be built with stainless Bimini top tubing,deck hinges and eyes, and stainless looks lots better than aluminum and pitted pot metal. Here is were I bought the tubing and the other fittings are available almost anywhere that sells marine supplies or several vendors on E=Bay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/STAINLESS-STEE ... 33d6f365f3

March 29th, 2018, 6:52 pm #4

thanks guys
It is great to be aboard.