Info on Corinthian 266 or very similar

July 27th, 2012, 10:01 pm #1

[I apologize in advance if this post violates any rules of the Commander Forum.]

I'm a novice boater.
I am interested in a 1983 Corinthian 266 that needs "some work".
ANY info on this or similar model is much appreciated.

Are there any owners/former owners of this model who have recommendations or can share experiences or direct me to other resources? (Or are selling theirs?...)

Thanks!!

Tom
Last edited by tpink on July 27th, 2012, 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paul
Paul

July 30th, 2012, 5:18 pm #2

Hello and WELCOME ABOARD, your posting has been up a few days with no takers, but that just means we have not hooked one yet. This model is a later series than many of our classics but I suspect it is very similar to the 27 Commander as far as bottom profile, being a generally flattened deadrise, etc., but not sure. I think this model used a single GM small block, which makes it comparable again to the 27 Commander, the latter of which was offered with twins but not sure about the Corinthian.

There would be many similarities between the Commander and Corinthian series. Let us know how we can help. Send photos !!

best,

Paul

forum moderator

August 20th, 2012, 2:42 am #3

[I apologize in advance if this post violates any rules of the Commander Forum.]

I'm a novice boater.
I am interested in a 1983 Corinthian 266 that needs "some work".
ANY info on this or similar model is much appreciated.

Are there any owners/former owners of this model who have recommendations or can share experiences or direct me to other resources? (Or are selling theirs?...)

Thanks!!

Tom
Hi Tom, I'm selling my 83 Corinthian, it's in great condition and I have a custom trailer that was made for it, feel free to give me a call if you wish 563-559-0426

Thanks
Ray

Ooops, forgot to post my name
Ooops, forgot to post my name

August 21st, 2012, 4:08 am #4

Hello and WELCOME ABOARD, your posting has been up a few days with no takers, but that just means we have not hooked one yet. This model is a later series than many of our classics but I suspect it is very similar to the 27 Commander as far as bottom profile, being a generally flattened deadrise, etc., but not sure. I think this model used a single GM small block, which makes it comparable again to the 27 Commander, the latter of which was offered with twins but not sure about the Corinthian.

There would be many similarities between the Commander and Corinthian series. Let us know how we can help. Send photos !!

best,

Paul

forum moderator
My understanding is Chris-Craft made 3 26' Corinthian models. Two had 2 engines; one had 1 engine (266).
Not sure why there are few around....

September 26th, 2017, 5:08 pm #5

Hi Tom, I'm selling my 83 Corinthian, it's in great condition and I have a custom trailer that was made for it, feel free to give me a call if you wish 563-559-0426

Thanks
Ray
Do you have pictures of the 266 and information about this model? Looking at one currently..but can't find any info about the 266