I am off to NY again....

I am off to NY again....

December 5th, 2011, 12:17 am #1

Paul and All:
I am off to NY again on Monday to pick up a pair of 327F to fit in the latest 31 footer. Hope to meet Craig Judge in person at the yacht club as I load out. My usual partner and co-pilot, Rich Duane, is not coming this time as he will be making a vintage tractor club meeting. He will be sorely missed as he can smell the state troopers before they start their engines in the morning! LOL
Jerry

Paul
Paul

December 5th, 2011, 5:42 pm #2

Hey Jerry,

When you embark upon a trip like that flying solo, be sure to check in and give us your route, and we'll have spotters from The Forum monitor you along the pathway. In addition, we will list some phone numbers for your "one phone call" allowed too in the event you run into the highway patrollman from hell.

Regards,

Paul

December 5th, 2011, 6:24 pm #3

Hoping to catch up with Jerry this afternoon.

Paul
Paul

December 5th, 2011, 6:26 pm #4

Jerry on the move? There is no telling where he is now or what has distracted him for the moment. He may have spotted a 1949 Chris Craft in someones back yard.

Best,

Paul

December 6th, 2011, 2:56 am #5

Paul and All:
I am off to NY again on Monday to pick up a pair of 327F to fit in the latest 31 footer. Hope to meet Craig Judge in person at the yacht club as I load out. My usual partner and co-pilot, Rich Duane, is not coming this time as he will be making a vintage tractor club meeting. He will be sorely missed as he can smell the state troopers before they start their engines in the morning! LOL
Jerry
I got hung up at work and couldn't meet Jerry in New York. I'm bummed but can't wait to see what else he ended up with.

Jerry
Jerry

December 6th, 2011, 4:36 am #6

Jerry on the move? There is no telling where he is now or what has distracted him for the moment. He may have spotted a 1949 Chris Craft in someones back yard.

Best,

Paul
Paul and All:
Made it back home with 1 and 1/2 327's for 300 bucks. Nice drive, but my phone went out and I had to play it and drive it by ear. Missed Craig because of that. Photos tomorrow if possible. We will be making venison sausage and smoking 40 pounds worth. It will go good in the spring on the grill on the back of the Summer Palace!
Jerry

Rob Schiller
Rob Schiller

December 6th, 2011, 10:30 pm #7

Which boat is getting 1 1nd 1/2 327?
Rob

Jerry
Jerry

December 7th, 2011, 3:09 pm #8

Paul, Rob and All:
Rob, the idea was to put the engines in the latest 31 Sedan Commander. However they are pretty rough looking. The right rotation engine is whole, but the left looks like it has been robbed of trans, heads, carb, etc. leaving just the short block.

Because I am putting 327's in the 25 footer, these may become a parts source for those engines. This will be a spring job for sure. Too much going on right now with the other boats.

Yesterday, while making sausage, we heard a loud muffler and up the cul de sac came an old white Ford pickup. He made the circle then stopped and backed up to the trailer with the 25 footer on it. I stepped out at this point and he took off quickly. We had a lot of laughs over that for a lot of reasons! That particular boat and trailer are really heavy. You need a 454 to pull it. I am not sure the pick up would be able to stop it at the bottom of the hill anyway. Go figure.
Jerry