Heat wave runs through Tennessee !

Heat wave runs through Tennessee !

Paul
Paul

December 13th, 2010, 12:14 am #1

Thanks to Global Warming, the temps are up to ten degrees !!

This is the view out my living room window looking due south, where all the warm air is coming from! Not much work on the Lancer project today, spent too much time carrying firewood!

Regards,

Paul

Dave Krugler
Dave Krugler

December 13th, 2010, 2:51 am #2

Just came in from running the new snowblower which is worthless because we have 6" of nice wet snow in Port Huron and the chute plugs up and stalls out the blower. I'm driving the youngest to work at 11pm cause I will get his car back in a bushel basket if he has to drive, it's treacherous on the roads here.

Oh well, wonder what Santa will bring me for the Sea Skiff...

Dave

Eric Jensen
Eric Jensen

December 13th, 2010, 4:36 pm #3

So is the Bear's season.
ej

Paul
Paul

December 13th, 2010, 5:02 pm #4

........if you think the Bears have issues, just remember there is a team called the Tennessee Titans, and this year we basically suck. We have no defense against the pass, no defense against the run, our receivers can't catch the ball, our prime QB is a whiner and hurt his thumb, or ace back-up QB who won the national championship for Joe Paterno way back when is a good one but the ball keeps bouncing off the receivers, the coach looks like someone just popped a brown paper back right behind his head, seems oblivious to much of anything. Hey there's always next year.

Regards,

Paul

December 13th, 2010, 6:24 pm #5

yep, and I am a long suffering Falcon's fan who is holding my breath to see if they can keep it together. 11-2!

Greg M

Dave Krugler
Dave Krugler

December 13th, 2010, 7:21 pm #6

Not- but he sure might have after the good ole Detroit Lions bean the Gree Bay Packers 7-3 Sunday. The poor old guy has been just hangin on to see his Lions win a game or two. The Lions/Packers game is actually my favorite game of the year because I can't lose. If the Lions win that's really something but in the UP where our summer home is they never heard of the Detroit Lions, couldn't care less about em, that's Packers Country, says so on the first telephone pole inside the Garden city limits. So if the Packers win, well, you get my drift...

Dave

Paul
Paul

December 13th, 2010, 7:53 pm #7

Thanks to Global Warming, the temps are up to ten degrees !!

This is the view out my living room window looking due south, where all the warm air is coming from! Not much work on the Lancer project today, spent too much time carrying firewood!

Regards,

Paul
View from the kitchen this morning, and yes that driveway has cut-backs and extends all the way to the bottom of that valley. Its about a 200 foot climb in around 1500 feet, pretty slippery concrete with a layer of ice on it. We have 4-wheel drive but it is worthless on the downhill run, as a result we walked and I took a tumble and wacked the back of my head on the concrete. After a close examination we found there was no damage to the driveway and continued down to the car parked at the bottom.

I ran the tractor down the hill in reverse with blad extended, way below freezing so I'm hoping some of that ice will sublimate off or just melt, but temps are way below freezing here today. We love hilltop living but we must walk on occasions. I am now investing in s set of chains for the Bronco, as I have a mild headache and don't want more of that in the future.

regards,

Paul

Eric Jensen
Eric Jensen

December 13th, 2010, 9:09 pm #8

Grab a ax and start chopping. There must be a football team in there somewhere.

dan k
dan k

December 15th, 2010, 2:51 am #9

View from the kitchen this morning, and yes that driveway has cut-backs and extends all the way to the bottom of that valley. Its about a 200 foot climb in around 1500 feet, pretty slippery concrete with a layer of ice on it. We have 4-wheel drive but it is worthless on the downhill run, as a result we walked and I took a tumble and wacked the back of my head on the concrete. After a close examination we found there was no damage to the driveway and continued down to the car parked at the bottom.

I ran the tractor down the hill in reverse with blad extended, way below freezing so I'm hoping some of that ice will sublimate off or just melt, but temps are way below freezing here today. We love hilltop living but we must walk on occasions. I am now investing in s set of chains for the Bronco, as I have a mild headache and don't want more of that in the future.

regards,

Paul
well you can always move up here to s.e
Michigan

Dave Krugler
Dave Krugler

December 15th, 2010, 2:56 pm #10

My son and I were driving back from Port Huron's north end yesterday and at the Water St overpass you could see semi's backed up for miles down I-94. The lake effect blizzard shut down The Queen's Hwy 402 in Sarnia Canada with hundreds stranded in cars and trucks since last Sunday and the US shut down the Bluewater Bridge at Port Huron so the only access to Canad was a ferry at Richmond or the Ambassador Bridge at Detroit. Our local roads have been a ball of ice since Sunday. Wakefield, MI got 100" of snow (like 8'4", that's not a typo) from their first run-in with snow in the UP due to the Lake Superior effect snow.

I'm with Dan Paul, C'mon up- we'll leave a light on for ya...

Dave