Getting Excited (Again) 1966 33' Cavalier

Getting Excited (Again) 1966 33' Cavalier

February 26th, 2018, 5:37 am #1

I am happy to have run across this forum and enjoy seeing other people enjoying Chris Craft cabin cruising as I have grown up with.
My family was always a boating family and my first memories of just being a kid was on a boat. My father was an officer at our local yacht club and at this time he acquired a 1966 33' Cavalier that needed some help but given his talents he made it great.Over the years and getting older he and my mother decided to sell to pursuit a different hobby of RVing and I was sad seeing it sold. I was about 18 years old. I am now 45 and to my surprise the same boat is now back on the market as well as being within my reach. I am hoping the next time I am able to post on here that I am sharing the story of the day I brought it home.

Paul
Paul

February 26th, 2018, 2:47 pm #2

....and let us know how we can assist. That is very cool to be able to capture part of your childhood back. There are Cavalier and Commander models that share similar hardware, and many of us have experience with wood boats too.

Regards
Paul

Don H
Don H

February 28th, 2018, 2:46 am #3

We actually had a 66 33 Cavalier back in the early 90's. Was a good boat ran it all over.