FS: Very nice 1973 XK22

FS: Very nice 1973 XK22

March 19th, 2018, 8:51 pm #1

I am selling this to get a smaller boat that I can get out on smaller lakes. Lake Minnetonka is just too far from my house. I have spent a ton of effort and time to make sure this boat was good to go. Some work I have done myself, some I have had professionally done. It really needs almost nothing. With only 350-400 original running hours....this is a classic boat that you could throw in the water, turn the key, and enjoy. If theres anything you'd like to know, I'd be happy to chat about it via phone or email.

In the last year:
Brand new Carb, I have the old one, which was rebuilt, to include.
Flushed Gas tank
Fuel filter - separator installed
Rebuilt Fuel Pump
New marine grade ignition - distributor - coil etc
Tune up, plug, wires etc...
Outdrive service bellows - oil etc
Compression checked on engine (very good, The engine is the numbers matching 350 FLV.)
New water pump.
Stainless Prop professionally balanced.
Risers restored - flushed
Horn does not work properly

The gel coat is shiny. there are some scuffs on the underside. The boat runs and drives perfectly. Around 50mph. It sounds fantastic and starts immediately every time. The interior is in excellent all original condition. If you are looking for an xk22, or a cool rare fiberglass boat, this is the one.

$10,500

photos here:

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/ ... 04242.html
Last edited by krisclewell on March 19th, 2018, 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paul
Paul

March 20th, 2018, 1:36 am #2

Kris..............please don't lower the price any lower, I am ever so tempted to snatch this boat and I am already boat and car poor, along with dog poor, cottage poor, tractor poor, and generally poor.

That's a lot of classy classic Chris-Craft for the money, and I seriously would go for it if I didn't have a 23 under cover right now begging for time and money.

regards, and good luck getting this boat into the hands of another enthusiast who will give it the care and attention it deserves.

regards,
Paul

March 20th, 2018, 3:14 pm #3

I am selling this to get a smaller boat that I can get out on smaller lakes. Lake Minnetonka is just too far from my house. I have spent a ton of effort and time to make sure this boat was good to go. Some work I have done myself, some I have had professionally done. It really needs almost nothing. With only 350-400 original running hours....this is a classic boat that you could throw in the water, turn the key, and enjoy. If theres anything you'd like to know, I'd be happy to chat about it via phone or email.

In the last year:
Brand new Carb, I have the old one, which was rebuilt, to include.
Flushed Gas tank
Fuel filter - separator installed
Rebuilt Fuel Pump
New marine grade ignition - distributor - coil etc
Tune up, plug, wires etc...
Outdrive service bellows - oil etc
Compression checked on engine (very good, The engine is the numbers matching 350 FLV.)
New water pump.
Stainless Prop professionally balanced.
Risers restored - flushed
Horn does not work properly

The gel coat is shiny. there are some scuffs on the underside. The boat runs and drives perfectly. Around 50mph. It sounds fantastic and starts immediately every time. The interior is in excellent all original condition. If you are looking for an xk22, or a cool rare fiberglass boat, this is the one.

$10,500

photos here:

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/ ... 04242.html
Kris,
It's no secret in certain circles the XK-22 is a highly desirable classic sportboat so I'm a little baffled that this one hasn't found a new home. I know of several Facebook closed groups swarming with avid fiberglassic fans where hanging yours out there for sale I would expect to be like a piranha frenzy. Just do a search, request membership and give it a go if you haven't already. I agree with Paul, don't lower the price as I strongly suspect that is not the issue based on what we know about the boat and the market.

You may have done this but I'd post that ad in several CL markets known to be hotbeds of classic boating like around the Great Lakes, West coast, NW, Upper E. Coast and even Florida. Serious buyers looking for that one boat like this will not be dissuaded, speaking as one of them who drove 26 hours RT to nab ours. It's also not uncommon for our brethren across the Pond to bring them over at great expense to ship and overcome all the import taxes, duties, inspections, BS, etc.

Just some food for thought in hopes that boat soon finds the right buyer.

Skol!
Craig L

Last edited by clindberg on March 20th, 2018, 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 20th, 2018, 5:33 pm #4

Great price if this is a legitimate listing....he sounds genuine enough in his description and comments about the boat... My wife just doesn't understand why I "need" another boat. Already gave the " But honey it will appreciate faster than money in the bank" approach a shot, but she's not a believer. Someone's getting a nice boat at a great price.....but it isn't me
Last edited by southshore990 on March 20th, 2018, 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 22nd, 2018, 12:19 pm #5

This boat is listed on E-Bay presently by PopYachts https://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-Chris-Cra ... vT&vxp=mtr