Don't attempt this on your own

Don't attempt this on your own

Verne
Verne

August 9th, 2012, 9:39 pm #1

I just thought I'd share this with everyone. The boat looks somewhat familiar to a few I've seen posted here recently.

Just for fun

Paul
Paul

August 9th, 2012, 10:23 pm #2

I wouldn't tow an aluminum fishing boat behind a Corvair, ha.
I actually ran a Corvair one day, borrowed it for a short trip, and during the trip the engine got so hot it shut down. I checked the dipstick and there was no oil at all, so I just added a couple of quarts, motor started up again, and off I went. One more GM scheme that could have gone somewhere like the Fiero, but never followed up enough to amount to much.

regards,

Paul

Philip Croff
Philip Croff

August 10th, 2012, 1:44 am #3

I just thought I'd share this with everyone. The boat looks somewhat familiar to a few I've seen posted here recently.

Just for fun

When I figured out the Coho I was buying was simply not going to be in good enough shape to launch and pilot back to my marina I seriously thought about asking my girlfriend's stepdad's neighbor (a bit of a stretch already) if we could launch his 30' Sunsation offshore boat, dock it at my marina, take the trailer (quite overbuilt for the Sunsation) and pick up the Coho, tow it back with my '74 LeSabre Luxus convertible, then deal with returning the trailer.

Sure, it had bad idea written all over it, but at least it has a full frame and a 455. Poor Corvair...

Tom Slayton
Tom Slayton

August 10th, 2012, 1:27 pm #4

In reality, I wonder how many feet a Corvair could actually tow that boat before something broke. Something about the swing axle design makes me think it would be a very short lived adventure.

Tom