Bella Is Almost Finished

Bella Is Almost Finished

May 17th, 2012, 12:00 pm #1

With the exception of a few items, most notably the installation of new helm chairs, Bella is ready for her spring cruise. Over the course of the winter she has had all her closets and drawers lined with cedar, the cockpit deck overlaid with teak planking, consolidation of cockpit deck hatches, all her brightwork put in Bristol condition, some teak trim work for accent, new name plates, and a new teak bow pulpit. Got to call it quits for the summer.

The following are some photos of her restoration.

This is photo showing the old bow pulpit. I always thought it looked like my thumb stuck on the bow of the boat

The new teak pulpit is sure to be a focal point

Just installed without hardware

Prior to installation and just after applying final coat of varnish

Deck furniture all spit and polished and ready for cocktails

Release Marine Helm Chairs should be here by Memorial Day Weekend

After the Helm Chairs are installed I will post a few more.

Terry

Greg42sf
Greg42sf

May 17th, 2012, 12:20 pm #2

Looking great Terry. Best of luck for the summer. brightwork looks awsome.

May 17th, 2012, 12:50 pm #3

Terry you've taken a classic and made it a LOT better. The wood trim, seats, all the work you've done inside, windshield, etc., she's a gem!

regards,

Paul

Jerry
Jerry

May 17th, 2012, 2:06 pm #4

With the exception of a few items, most notably the installation of new helm chairs, Bella is ready for her spring cruise. Over the course of the winter she has had all her closets and drawers lined with cedar, the cockpit deck overlaid with teak planking, consolidation of cockpit deck hatches, all her brightwork put in Bristol condition, some teak trim work for accent, new name plates, and a new teak bow pulpit. Got to call it quits for the summer.

This is photo showing the old bow pulpit. I always thought it looked like my thumb stuck on the bow of the boat

Terry
Paul, Terry and All:
I did not think you could improve on Belle Donna when I saw her in Lake Huron, but this is such a make over that it is unbelievable, Terry. The bow pulpit is beautiful and the cockpit..., well, I don't have the words to describe my reaction! What a difference and so tasteful. It just defines luxuary on a 42.
Well Done,
Jerry

Kevin
Kevin

May 17th, 2012, 4:29 pm #5

Terry,

The boat looks great! I hope to see her in person this summer.

Kevin

Steve
Steve

May 17th, 2012, 10:21 pm #6

Terry
Terry,
Over the top cool! Those mods just "POP" that boat into the next level of sweetness, bravo dude!
Since I sold my 42 its been a nonstop hunt for the next one and pics like those are inspiring for sure.

Steve Lendzion
(void) except a couple little boats....

Glenn F
Glenn F

May 18th, 2012, 4:55 am #7

Terry,

Nice work.

Glenn

May 18th, 2012, 12:02 pm #8

Terry
Thanks for the comments, she is certainly a labor of love. Hope to see you all at Kean's in August. Got a few more tricks that I will post as the summer progresses.

Terry

May 18th, 2012, 3:28 pm #9

Very nice work Terry, I love the way you installed the teak cockpit sole. It makes it look less busy with all the hatches these boats have. The Release Marine helm chairs are going to look and work great too. Very nice.
John Austin

May 18th, 2012, 4:47 pm #10

Regards,

Paul