Another world record here on THE FORUM !

Another world record here on THE FORUM !

September 30th, 2011, 5:14 pm #1

Well it's time to announce another world record here on The Forum. While this may seem
like I am patting myself on the back, I am actually patting you guys on the back.

I just noticed 118 countries signed in this month, and as of a few
minutes ago we (only) need 2,261 more pages to be accessed from our
database today to break another world record of monthly readership.
In case anyone is wondering, we'll blow way by the 2,261 additional
pages needed to surpass the alltime record with ease today.

During the last 12 months we've seen an average increase in readership of around
seventeen thousand additional pages read each month, (an average increase of readership
each month by an additional 16,721 pages, to be exact) some months a little more and
some a little less, but with a steady growth. The growth is due to the information
and fun people can have when they visit our web site and see how much fun we are having.

I just wanted everyone here to know how popular YOU are, and to let everyone know whatever
is posted here on The Chris Craft Commander Forum, is being routinely accessed around
the world by an amazing number of followers. We are doing our part to get the technical
information, history, enthusiasm, and fun of classic boating out to the world wide aucience.

~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~
I also want to thank EACH OF YOU for such a PROFESSIONAL AND EVER-POSITIVE TONE,
which unfortunately is not prevalent everywhere in our classic boating world today.
The professionalism we experience here on a regular basis is our strength, along
with our enthusiasm, our content, our respect and love for people, and our passion
for boating. We set the bar high here, and it shows, and many people have commented
on the fact that this forum, in particular, has such a professional tone. You simply
don't see anyone getting bitch-slapped around here, and guys, this is to all of our
credit, collectively. Life is just too short.
~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~

I am routinely reminded at the highest levels of antique and classic boating, that
our Forum here is making a difference. This includes people like Herb Pocklington
and Chris Smith, who were a big part of actually creating and building the boats we
revere today, 40+ years later. It also includes ACBS Chapter Presidents and their
international board of directors, and many members; it includes the leadership at
the Chris Craft Antique Boat Club and many members there too; it includes publications
like Classic Boating Magazine, Norm and Jim Wangard. It is such a pleasure to align
philosophy, enthusiasm, and a kind respect for your fellow man like we have been able
to create and maintain here. It could not have been done without the massive support
from readership and participants here.

It is a good thing, it is an honor to be involved.

Thank you all for making this such a fun and informative place.
We are making a difference, and we are having fun doing it.

regards

Paul
forum moderator

Paul
Paul

September 30th, 2011, 5:19 pm #2

At this point in the day near noon, we now need 1606 more pages to be accessed worldwide, which will happen in a few hours. Pretty amazing!

best,

Paul

Howard
Howard

September 30th, 2011, 6:30 pm #3

Paul,

I for one appreciate the updates you provide like this one, and all the outstanding
work you do. I also want to add my compliments to the group here, there is simply
nothing else like this anywere. Although I do not post much these days I do read
this web site on a daily basis as I suspect many do around the world, so I am partially
responsible for the numbers you are tracking.

You run a classy ship and you have attracted a classy group. It is also an honor to be
associated with everyone here, even as loosely as I am. Good going all !

Howard

Paul
Paul

September 30th, 2011, 9:34 pm #4

Hi Howard,

Thank for the good words. Don't be a stranger.

I just checked back with the central control for The Forum and we've picked up another 900 pages or so being read world-wide, and just need 703 more today to bust the alltime record. That should happen sometime around 6:30 or 7:00 CST this evening.

Regards,

Paul

September 30th, 2011, 11:03 pm #5

Here is the real deal guys.
I just checked the numbers and we are a couple hundred pages from the
alltime record, which is amazing. Too bad this month doesn't have 31 days!
I have to admit, there are some places tuned in where I don't know where they are!
Everyone reading this should know they are considered a WELCOME GUEST.

As the world turns, time zones are affected, people in one area retire for
the evening, and others are awake and reading our message to the world.

"Classic Fiberglass Chris Craft boats are good, they should be SAVED" !!

Regards,

Paul

September 30th, 2011, 11:32 pm #6

Well it's time to announce another world record here on The Forum. While this may seem
like I am patting myself on the back, I am actually patting you guys on the back.

I just noticed 118 countries signed in this month, and as of a few
minutes ago we (only) need 2,261 more pages to be accessed from our
database today to break another world record of monthly readership.
In case anyone is wondering, we'll blow way by the 2,261 additional
pages needed to surpass the alltime record with ease today.

During the last 12 months we've seen an average increase in readership of around
seventeen thousand additional pages read each month, (an average increase of readership
each month by an additional 16,721 pages, to be exact) some months a little more and
some a little less, but with a steady growth. The growth is due to the information
and fun people can have when they visit our web site and see how much fun we are having.

I just wanted everyone here to know how popular YOU are, and to let everyone know whatever
is posted here on The Chris Craft Commander Forum, is being routinely accessed around
the world by an amazing number of followers. We are doing our part to get the technical
information, history, enthusiasm, and fun of classic boating out to the world wide aucience.

~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~
I also want to thank EACH OF YOU for such a PROFESSIONAL AND EVER-POSITIVE TONE,
which unfortunately is not prevalent everywhere in our classic boating world today.
The professionalism we experience here on a regular basis is our strength, along
with our enthusiasm, our content, our respect and love for people, and our passion
for boating. We set the bar high here, and it shows, and many people have commented
on the fact that this forum, in particular, has such a professional tone. You simply
don't see anyone getting bitch-slapped around here, and guys, this is to all of our
credit, collectively. Life is just too short.
~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~

I am routinely reminded at the highest levels of antique and classic boating, that
our Forum here is making a difference. This includes people like Herb Pocklington
and Chris Smith, who were a big part of actually creating and building the boats we
revere today, 40+ years later. It also includes ACBS Chapter Presidents and their
international board of directors, and many members; it includes the leadership at
the Chris Craft Antique Boat Club and many members there too; it includes publications
like Classic Boating Magazine, Norm and Jim Wangard. It is such a pleasure to align
philosophy, enthusiasm, and a kind respect for your fellow man like we have been able
to create and maintain here. It could not have been done without the massive support
from readership and participants here.

It is a good thing, it is an honor to be involved.

Thank you all for making this such a fun and informative place.
We are making a difference, and we are having fun doing it.

regards

Paul
forum moderator
Is that you at the helm of Zon-Zon? Awesome man, you didn't tell us! Oh wait, that is a different Commander obsessive nut on the bridge.haha

The best looking fiberglass Chris Craft Cruiser afloat today (IMHO)
ZON-ZON

and

The best looking wood Chris Craft Cruiser afloat today (also IMHO)
BLACK BEAUTY

Available for your viewing pleasure here on The Chris Craft Commander Forum thanks to our esteemed and honorable moderator Paul! Thanks for keeping our dreams alive sir.

Your Friend,
Christian B. Wade

Last edited by FEfinaticP on December 21st, 2011, 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

October 1st, 2011, 4:04 am #7

Here it is about 11:00 PM CST and we have just over-run the last world record by about 700 pages read world-wide, and this will most likely top out around 1000 t0 1200 pages by the time the counting is done. Lord only knows what it will take to beat this record, stay tuned, we may do it in a couple months, but it seems quite a feat to beat it again next month, who knows?

And now that I made that composite outline of all the countries, another one has appeared making the total 119 now and I am not sure just which one it is yet, but I'll go back and rework everything. You can't just look at the last country entered on the list, because if someone tunes in and reads 25 pages, for instance, they will take their place accordingly on the list.

regards,

Paul

Paul
Paul

October 3rd, 2011, 8:02 pm #8

I realize most people are probably not interested in this but I am fascinated
with the far reach of the world wide web. The Forum readership projections based on
the early trend established so far in the month of October indicate October will surpass
September by sixteen-thousand-seven-hundred-and-thirty-two pages if October continues
at the current pace. In any case, we have a very large international following, and
the welcome mat is out for everyone.

regards,

Paul
forum moderator

November 1st, 2011, 6:25 pm #9

Well here it is another month has passed and although there were "only" 107 countries tuned in this month we had 10,243 more pages read here on this forum world-wide than we did last month when we set the last record for pages read (and countries tuned in, at 119 countries)!

If you have a special boat, special project, or questions about ownership, buying, or maintenance/running issues, rest assured if you post the info here, there will be hundreds of thousands of people seeing the information on the world-wide web.

Again.......a tip of the hat and a very sincere "thank you" to all who post info here, for the professionalism and tone, and the fun too.

Regards,

Paul