Another 23' Lancer found and available

Another 23' Lancer found and available

January 11th, 2011, 3:37 am #1

YO, Paulie...

Tell me what YOU see in this picture.

Ain't this stuff fun? Great way to spend 1/2 time of a National Championship Football Game

Yours Truly, Chris Wade

Paul
Paul

January 11th, 2011, 2:36 pm #2

Get em while you can.

I see what looks like a 1973 inboard Lancer with your name on it, complete with fiberglass floor structure and a SBC motor . Transmission would be 1.5:1. I am not sure what that thing is on the foredeck that has glass in a metal frame sorta thing.

Paul

Kevin
Kevin

January 11th, 2011, 2:45 pm #3

Paul, good one about the "wind miss-direction" device!

Kevin

January 25th, 2011, 4:31 pm #4

YO, Paulie...

Ain't this stuff fun? Great way to spend 1/2 time of a National Championship Football Game

Yours Truly, Chris Wade
This boat has a trailer and a motor and is very restorable. Interior seems to be the worst aspect of the boat. She is a tunnel drive model. The Broker e'ed me. Says $1800.00 and owner wants to move it......More info and pix are available.CW

Paul
Paul

January 25th, 2011, 8:06 pm #5

If you can get it for less than $1,800 so much the better. Sheesh, fifteen hundred bucks would be a steal.

Well I paid $3900 for a green 20' Sea Skiff with a really good trailer, but the boat needed a lot of work, including transmission, $1,500 upholstery, risers, restored instuments, $800 worth of chrome, and a host of other costs that brought it up to around $10,000 perhaps. It was a $5300 boat when it arrived in Nashville from Medina New York due to shipping, and yes, I paid TOO MUCH for it. Now I can probably sell it for $6000 ha.

In any case, if it is near by, if the motor and transmission is able to live again, you get a trailer for this bad boy and I can tell you what those will cost for a boat this size too (I paid more for my trailer than this guy wants for the boat and trailer). What the heck are you waiting for?

Dive in there, take a chance, even if the motor is bad, it's still a deal.

Regards,

Paul

mercrewser
mercrewser

January 27th, 2011, 4:51 am #6

YO, Paulie...

Yours Truly, Chris Wade
Where is it located? Does it run?

James

October 1st, 2011, 1:26 am #7

YO, Paulie...

Yours Truly, Chris Wade
Attention Jay and other K-Mart shoppers....I received a call today from the Marina that has this boat. I had previously inquired about it last January and it was a follow up to that interest. It is still for sale and he said the owner would probably move it for $1K....Approaches the Wellar price Spectrum sales office, but only with one foot in the door. This boat will need everything, but it does have a trailer, (and a very desirable and much needed by some windshield). I have a very interesting document that was also sent to me back then by the marina, it is an estimate generated for the current owner for a complete restoration. One can analyze this for themselves and see where the big money and time is in restoring one of these boats based on a professional assessment of this particular boat. I think it is similar an condition and state of disrepair to many of the projects featured here on "Thee Forum". More shortly, CW

October 1st, 2011, 2:52 am #8

Okay, Sorry no estimate in this post can't figure out how to make a PDF into a JPEG. I'll get it tomorrow though. Here are some pix meanwhile. Looks like a SBC, Q motor? I think? CW

Paul
Paul

October 1st, 2011, 3:32 am #9

Hi Chris,

There are two easy ways to convert PDF to JPG.

First way is to save the PDF on a hard drive as a PDF (you can't convert from an internet PDF without first saving it to your hard drive the way I am going to outline).
Once saved, open the document and then save it again.....only this time "save as" and look to the bottom of the box where it says "save as Type".....open that box and you will most likely see you can click on JPG. Once you save the PDF as a JPG, your conversion is complete.

Second way is to bring up your PDF on the screen, get it to the size you want and just do a screen print. A screen print is done by hitting ctl, alt, and the "print scn" button at the same time. Once you do that, go to MS Paint, and just hit "print". The image on the screen will appear in Paint, and you can save that as a JPG.

There will be a pop quiz in the morning.

Isn't boating fun! ??

Regards,

Paul

Paul
Paul

October 1st, 2011, 3:47 am #10

Hello Chris,

I remind you that I had to pay darn near $2000 for a trailer I then got to adapt for a 23 Lancer hull. If you get the trailer and the boat for half that, you beat the WPS by a long shot. If the darn thing has a motor and transmission that works, then you are golden. If you get the boat and it has no motor or transmission for that price, still take it. If it has a bad motor or tranny, you could spend as much fixing it as you could finding a good take out motor as we have seen Dr. Namken do on numerous occasions. As you know, motors and transmissions are a crap shoot, there is no assurance. The hull is the sure shot. If the motor and or transmission were both working well, the boat would still be in use, so if a boat has been sitting up there is some reason to anticipate a problem with one or both. There are always exceptions.

Working on a 23, these are big runabouts. So far there has been nothing I have found that is not easily accessible or able to be fixed. On the same hull, for instance, if it was a 23 Commander it would have a V-drive and you really need a trunk monkey to change out the shaft packing on one of those. On the inboard, pretty simple, everything is right there. Q motor or not, any SBC motor is reasonably straight forward to rebuild, and if you can't rebuild it then you can get a long block like Eric Jensen did for around $1500, and all the old marine stuff will bolt right on. Of course, the lesson Eric has shared with us is to be sure the new block has the truck (marine) heads so the bosses are tapped for the water pump and alternator. Learn something every day around this place.

Regards,

Paul