Another 20' Sea Skiff shows up, and this one is two digits away from Dave Kruglers !!!

Another 20' Sea Skiff shows up, and this one is two digits away from Dave Kruglers !!!

Paul
Paul

June 2nd, 2012, 6:28 pm #1

Is this not the prettiest fiberglass Sea Skiff we've seen ?? I have to admit, the paint job on this one looks a lot better than my green gelcoat!! Very tempting.

This one belongs to Paul K, who just received the boat from his dad. The motor is 327F and is running, and from the looks of things this is a well kept survivor. This is intriguing too, because now it gives more hope that there are many more of the original 80 hulls still out there somewhere. We've reported on several here, but the vast majority of these hulls remain a mystery.

Many thanks Paul K, we're looking forward to seeing more photos!

Regards,

Paul

Last edited by FEfinaticP on June 13th, 2012, 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paul
Paul

June 4th, 2012, 2:33 am #2

I figure several members here have developed a case of hoist envy.

Regards,

Paul

Jerry
Jerry

June 4th, 2012, 3:23 pm #3

Paul and All:
This is a great crane! I posted my photos in an earler thread. I was looking for an in-boat solution, but when you got a roller like Paul K's, it is the only way to go.
Jerry

June 4th, 2012, 3:55 pm #4

I figure several members here have developed a case of hoist envy.

Regards,

Paul
Would be handy, but our HOA would issue a fine for the boat in the driveway and would certainly take issue with the overhead lift adornment at the front of the garage.

Thanks!

Kevin Bray
'06 CC Launch 22
FXA-31-4049

Jerry
Jerry

June 4th, 2012, 5:07 pm #5

Paul, Kevin and All:
Well, with that kind of HOA, you just need to find some place else to live! How about coming up to VA? We could go halves on a piece of land in WV and then do anything we wanted!
Jerry

Dave Krugler
Dave Krugler

June 5th, 2012, 5:10 pm #6

Is this not the prettiest fiberglass Sea Skiff we've seen ?? I have to admit, the paint job on this one looks a lot better than my green gelcoat!! Very tempting.

This one belongs to Paul K, who just received the boat from his dad. The motor is 327F and is running, and from the looks of things this is a well kept survivor. This is intriguing too, because now it gives more hope that there are many more of the original 80 hulls still out there somewhere. We've reported on several here, but the vast majority of these hulls remain a mystery.

Many thanks Paul K, we're looking forward to seeing more photos!

Regards,

Paul

Hey this is a really cool find. I also read the hull-card carefully and while it states it was sent to another dealer it is signed by the same guy that signed my hull card, has very similar equipment listed and the hull card was signed off on November 1 of 1965, 1 day before mine was signed off. My boat also carries a 1965 Michigan watercraft title. Very interesting indeed.

Dave

June 6th, 2012, 2:35 am #7

Here is a link to the entire Corsair Sport Boat Division, which includes all the Lancers, the Corsairs, and this very short run of Sea Skiff boats too.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/424840/m ... 1170893458

Regards,

Paul

Paul
Paul

October 24th, 2014, 4:44 pm #8

Just a note........The Essential Guide is often more essential than totally accurate, but it is still the absolute best thing we have as a reference. The EG, however, does not recognize a 1965 Sea Skiff and thinks all 70 of the first year were built in 1966, so like I said, now that we have seen two of them show up with the paperwork we know there were at least 12 built in 1965 for sure.

Amazing how this forensic boating fun works sometimes.

Regards,

Paul

October 25th, 2014, 1:16 am #9

in lake water that is. Like the Packard motto said "Ask the man who owns one". Interesting too that hull #10 was shipped to Gull Lake Marine in Richland, MI and they are still there, they sell Boston Whalers now...

Dave

February 6th, 2016, 9:23 pm #10

..... are everywhere !

If you like boats and tinkering with motors, there is a ton of fun to be had with these cool little inboards.
At one time I actually thought of installing one of my "spare 427's" in ours

A boy has to have a hobby !

Regards
Paul