38' Chris Craft Commander $10,000 (St. Clair Shores)þ

38' Chris Craft Commander $10,000 (St. Clair Shores)þ

Paul
Paul

May 4th, 2009, 12:57 am #1

Another tip from Doug, might help someone who needs to get rid of the boat, and might also help someone who is looking for a 38.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/boa/1148344637.html

PRICE DROP"MUST SELL NOW" 38' CHRIS CRAFT COMMANDER 10,000
Reply to: (see message body)
Date: 2009-04-30, 7:40PM

YSE THE PRICE YOU SEE IS RIGHT! I'M GIVING THIS BOAT AWAY FOR 10.000. DOLLARS!!!
MUST SELL !

Newer interior
New Blinds throughout
New Carpet

Newer Gen 5

454's

Cash & Pickup Only (Full Cash Payment Only on or before Pickup of boat)

1-810-397-6153 for information.

Please do not email unless you can not reach anyone with phone number provided.

May 4th, 2009, 1:41 am #2

If anyone needs an honest opinion, let me know... I believe it to be a worthy project. Certainly many of you have paid this kind of money for Salt-Water projects, and this boat is all fresh-water. though it is not without it's shortcomings. It's just too much for me to undertake at this time...

John Kloka
23 Lancer
Klokanuts

Kevin
Kevin

May 4th, 2009, 1:27 pm #3

I spoke with the owner yesterday and he said he had two people coming shortly after the banks opened this morning. It is hard to tell in the pictures the true condition of the boat.

It does have the laminate and begs a question; has anyone covered this with the veneer wood products? I know I have asked this question before, but hopefully someone may have seen them applied to a boat in the meantime. This would greatly open up the range of boats that I would consider purchasing since I would be able to cover the laminate with real wood. Seems like it would be like putting on wall paper...

Kevin
still and forever looking...

May 4th, 2009, 3:06 pm #4

Kevin,

Our 38's interior was originally laminate. The prior owner put a very nice veneer over the galley surfaces and many of the larger surfaces in the cabin. Unfortunately, he stopped before re-finishing the drawers. That's a project I need to get to. The portions of the cabin that are refinished look great! I'll post photos when I get a chance.

Scott

Kevin
Kevin

May 4th, 2009, 3:43 pm #5

Scott,

Great! I am looking forward to see them!

Kevin

May 5th, 2009, 8:14 pm #6

Kevin,

Our 38's interior was originally laminate. The prior owner put a very nice veneer over the galley surfaces and many of the larger surfaces in the cabin. Unfortunately, he stopped before re-finishing the drawers. That's a project I need to get to. The portions of the cabin that are refinished look great! I'll post photos when I get a chance.

Scott
The following three photos are from the P.O., but are reflective of Trishna's current condition. See below...

Last edited by FEfinaticP on April 24th, 2010, 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kevin
Kevin

May 6th, 2009, 1:06 am #7

That sure make a difference! You can really see the contrast between the wood and the laminate. It seems with a little bit of time, one can really transform a boat quickly.

The mind is turning.....

Thanks very much for sending these!!!

Kevin

Paul
Paul

May 6th, 2009, 2:06 am #8

The following three photos are from the P.O., but are reflective of Trishna's current condition. See below...

That is a remarkable job, knowing the whole cabin was a veeneer job. Nice! It does, indeed, how how an interior can be tansformed toward the vintage/classic if one likes the wood look (which is one of the features that sold me on my 38' Commander in the first place).

Very nice, thanks for sharing the photos.

Paul

Dave Mehl
Dave Mehl

May 6th, 2009, 2:42 pm #9

Did you do that work, regardless, whoever did it, NICE JOB!
Obviously the wood work is beautiful too, but could not help notice how nice that electrical work is, sure beats the original mess of wires and obsolete fuses.

Dave

May 7th, 2009, 10:26 pm #10

Thanks!

The original install was, as I understand it, conceived by Herb Brock... a gentleman who owned Trishna when she was known as Ms. Jeanette. All of the work was performed by a marine yard in Florida. I agree... they did a nice job.

I love doing electrical work and have made numerous improvements since acquiring her in 2006. It's amazing how quickly one can use up 100' spools of wire. I have no complaints about the general approach the yard took to re-wiring, but do wish the hidden panel and chase wiring were a bit better organized/structured. Not much of a complaint, given the average condition of vessels this age.

Cheers,
Scott