1978 CC Lancer 23 Overnighter - $3000

1978 CC Lancer 23 Overnighter - $3000

November 9th, 2016, 1:40 am #1

I hate to do this...I did not buy this boat with any intention of selling it so soon. I had dreams of a restoration on this one and using it here in Northern Michigan.

I got a bit of news today that forces me to reconsider a few things financially. Combined with several other projects on my plate, I've decided to list this for sale to see if there is any interest.

I just bought it. I literally picked it up Sunday (Nov 6) and planned to clean it up and get a few maintenance things done before shrink wrapping it for the winter.

I still plan to clean things up a bit and confirm some mechanical things this week. I had the engine running last night and mechanically it appears to be fully intact and usable.

I am open to offers and will work with anyone who plans to buy and assist with transport if necessary.

The specs:
- 1978 Lancer 23 Overnighter
- Marine Power/CC 350 engine
- Volvo-Penta 280 outdrive/transdrive
- Tandem axle galvanized Karavan Trailer

The price:
- $3,000

The Location:
- Barbeau, MI (near Sault Ste. Marie)

The good:
- Hull and deck are solid
- Outdrive just rebuilt and new prop
- Good galvanized trailer, tires, etc.
- Engine runs

The not so good:
- Deck seems to have been painted at some point
- Hull has some scrapes and gouges
- Swim platform was "modified" to allow mounting a kicker motor
- Seats are in need of reupholstery
- Rear seat missing
- Exhaust manifolds have repaired freeze damage
- Cabin cushions missing

Why did I buy it?:
- Planned to use it next summer as a good day boat for taking friends and family for cruises on the St. Marys River.
- Was inspired by recent restorations of this model here on The Forum.
- Planned to learn about the VP 280 drive for a potential use in another project.

Why am I selling it?:
- Have some unexpected business expenses coming up and would like to free up the cash I have in this.

The pictures:

rupertjamal at yahoo dot com

November 15th, 2016, 3:01 pm #2

I spent time on this boat last week.

A few important updates are required.

The exhaust manifolds and risers are in need of replacement. The previous freeze damage was not fully repaired and replacement is the only solution. This was all done by a previous owner of the boat and unfortunately I did not see the extent of the damage until I owned it.

NEW PRICE: $2000 AS-IS

As a precaution I pulled the engine out of the boat to better asses the engine, transom, etc. There are no other signs of major issues.

This all opens up some interesting options...

...Now would be the time to put a fresh engine in if that is in your plans. I have access to new/remanufactured engines and new manifolds at very reasonable prices.

I would be willing to put a new engine in (275hp) with new manifolds and risers and sell the whole package for $5500.

January 8th, 2017, 12:32 am #3

I hate to do this...I did not buy this boat with any intention of selling it so soon. I had dreams of a restoration on this one and using it here in Northern Michigan.

I got a bit of news today that forces me to reconsider a few things financially. Combined with several other projects on my plate, I've decided to list this for sale to see if there is any interest.

I just bought it. I literally picked it up Sunday (Nov 6) and planned to clean it up and get a few maintenance things done before shrink wrapping it for the winter.

I still plan to clean things up a bit and confirm some mechanical things this week. I had the engine running last night and mechanically it appears to be fully intact and usable.

I am open to offers and will work with anyone who plans to buy and assist with transport if necessary.

The specs:
- 1978 Lancer 23 Overnighter
- Marine Power/CC 350 engine
- Volvo-Penta 280 outdrive/transdrive
- Tandem axle galvanized Karavan Trailer

The price:
- $3,000

The Location:
- Barbeau, MI (near Sault Ste. Marie)

The good:
- Hull and deck are solid
- Outdrive just rebuilt and new prop
- Good galvanized trailer, tires, etc.
- Engine runs

The not so good:
- Deck seems to have been painted at some point
- Hull has some scrapes and gouges
- Swim platform was "modified" to allow mounting a kicker motor
- Seats are in need of reupholstery
- Rear seat missing
- Exhaust manifolds have repaired freeze damage
- Cabin cushions missing

Why did I buy it?:
- Planned to use it next summer as a good day boat for taking friends and family for cruises on the St. Marys River.
- Was inspired by recent restorations of this model here on The Forum.
- Planned to learn about the VP 280 drive for a potential use in another project.

Why am I selling it?:
- Have some unexpected business expenses coming up and would like to free up the cash I have in this.

The pictures:

rupertjamal at yahoo dot com
Just wanted to let everyone know that this boat is still available.

I'd really like to discuss it with any interested buyers.

Thank you.

January 4th, 2018, 10:34 pm #4

303-246-2775

January 14th, 2018, 10:50 pm #5

Just wanted to let everyone know that this boat is still available.

I'd really like to discuss it with any interested buyers.

Thank you.
Is this boat still available? Thank you.