1968 31' commander

1968 31' commander

December 1st, 2010, 10:49 pm #1

Hi all, this is a 1968 commander 31' with restoration started by a marine craftsman who just doesnt have the time to finish the project. It has new fuel tanks,galley,flybridge, and shower base. She has no engines but great hull and running gear.
PRICE: FREE !!!!!!

just have to trailer her out.

Jack @ 860-227-6437

(In case anyone is wondering, this is where Don Hancock found his 31 Express Flybridge, that he installed a pair of big block GM motors. "DUCK TALES"

Ohhh boy.........................Jerry hang on !!

Edit note:
Hi Dan, thanks for posting this info, I restored the photo images and posted the note to Jerry
Got your email too, thanks! Paul
Last edited by FEfinaticP on December 2nd, 2010, 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 2nd, 2010, 2:52 pm #2

Anyone pondering this particular boat, or one like it, check out the link below to see just what can be done for pennies on the dollar when compared to something new with equal performance and size.

Interesting that this free boat is in the same immediate neighborhood in CT, that Don Hancock found his 31' Flybridge Express, MARIANNE, which was TOTALLY restored and renamed "DUCKTALES"

On Don's restoration (now proudly owned by Bob Koss, Michigan, Lake Huron side) he removed the old engines.
On this free boat the old engines are already gone so you won't have that problem.

This is what CAN BE DONE...............................................................
http://www.network54.com/Forum/424840/t ... /My+photos+!

Yes indeed, Don's project is proudly showcased in the 31' Commander Chapter of
"The Legacy of the Fiberglass Chris Craft Commander" (book) and rightly so!
http://www.chriscraftcommanderbook.com

Regards,

Paul

Paul
Paul

December 2nd, 2010, 3:25 pm #3

I posted this note about the FREE BOAT becuase the initial title post didn't draw attention to that.

Here is the identical same boat, as restored by Mike Burdette, here on The Forum,

31 Commander Restoration and Repower, by Mike Burdette (Photos)
http://www.network54.com/Forum/424840/m ... 1139587572

Here is Mike's 31 during restoration. How about THOSE CLASSIC LINES !!!

Regards,

Paul

Brian Tait
Brian Tait

December 3rd, 2010, 3:25 pm #4

Hi all, this is a 1968 commander 31' with restoration started by a marine craftsman who just doesnt have the time to finish the project. It has new fuel tanks,galley,flybridge, and shower base. She has no engines but great hull and running gear.

Jack @ 860-227-6437

(In case anyone is wondering, this is where Don Hancock found his 31 Express Flybridge, that he installed a pair of big block GM motors. "DUCK TALES"

Edit note:
Hi Dan, thanks for posting this info, I restored the photo images and posted the note to Jerry
Has anyone claimed her yet?

Paul
Paul

December 3rd, 2010, 3:27 pm #5

Brian,

Nobody here has claimed it, better give the guy a call if you are interested.

Regards,

Paul

Dan
Dan

December 3rd, 2010, 10:37 pm #6

Jack @ 860-227-6437

Edit note:
Your welcome paul, hes had some phone calls so far...not sure of any commitments, if people intrested please call him. thanx. dan

Robert Guillot
Robert Guillot

January 8th, 2011, 12:34 pm #7

Brian,

Nobody here has claimed it, better give the guy a call if you are interested.

Regards,

Paul
e-mail me or call 281-5494788 or my cell is 281-508-3522

Paul
Paul

January 8th, 2011, 12:48 pm #8

Jack @ 860-227-6437

Regards,

Paul

jack stavola
jack stavola

January 12th, 2011, 4:40 pm #9

e-mail me or call 281-5494788 or my cell is 281-508-3522
31 commander is still available old saybrook CT 06475

Jack Stavola
Jack Stavola