Tech force air rifles

Tech force air rifles

December 6th, 2006, 2:21 am #1

I would really appreciate the low-down on the Tech Force scope combos. Compasseco sells the 99 for $229.90. They also sell the Tech Force 25 scope combo for $125.

I will use this gun primarily for small game hunting. My son has a Daisy 22sg, and it actually is accurate and packs a good punch. I am looking for a springer with a little more power. We prefer head shots only on squirrels because the skinning/cleaning is much easier and cleaner if there are no body hits, like what happens with a shotgun. Also, I prefer chewing meat without having to worry about crunching down on an unseen pellet, which is always a possibility with a shotgun. Where we hunt, I do not want to use an actual .22 rimfire because of the kill-force traveling distance of a missed shot.

Several things concern me about the Tech Force guns. First, both of my sons have Chinese Industry brand rifles. One is a .177 and has a trigger pull that is ridiculously hard. The other one is a .22 900fps. I paid about $25 and $35 for them several years ago. Both of them are horribly inaccurate. The .22 900fps rifle is only good up to 10 yards on accuracy.

The other thing that concerns me about the Tech Force guns is that I read a lot of posts that mention people taking them apart and sanding pieces and so forth...then it works great.

If disassembling air rifles is your hobby, then I can see where that would be something you would look forward to. But I just want a reliable gun fresh out of the box to hunt with. I don't want to have to take it apart and sand it and change parts and "tune it". I just want to sight it in and use it.

Do all Chinese air rifles require extensive reworking before they are good, or are they okay without all of that, if you aren't into the rebuilding part of it?

The marketing advertisement spill on these seems to good to be true. I want the most bang for the buck, but I don't want to throw money away either. Will a Chinese rifle do for small game hunting, or do I need to spend twice as much for a RWS?

I would appreciate feedback from people who use Chinese rifles for serious small game hunting. The gun must be capable of a precise headshot with a scope.

thanks,
RodentRoaster

steve_t
steve_t

December 6th, 2006, 7:16 am #2

The B26 (not a tech force) is good for squirrels out to about 40 yds. Check out the web page for L&M Sports Airguns. When you purchase a rifle from Wallis, he cleans it, does some adjustments, test fires it and emails you the specs before he ships it to you. From L&M The B26,is $120 w/o scope but incl frt. I just purchased one in .22 cal. It puts out 15fpe muzzle energy as delivered - no adjustments needed.

Mongojoe
Mongojoe

December 7th, 2006, 12:34 pm #3

I would really appreciate the low-down on the Tech Force scope combos. Compasseco sells the 99 for $229.90. They also sell the Tech Force 25 scope combo for $125.

I will use this gun primarily for small game hunting. My son has a Daisy 22sg, and it actually is accurate and packs a good punch. I am looking for a springer with a little more power. We prefer head shots only on squirrels because the skinning/cleaning is much easier and cleaner if there are no body hits, like what happens with a shotgun. Also, I prefer chewing meat without having to worry about crunching down on an unseen pellet, which is always a possibility with a shotgun. Where we hunt, I do not want to use an actual .22 rimfire because of the kill-force traveling distance of a missed shot.

Several things concern me about the Tech Force guns. First, both of my sons have Chinese Industry brand rifles. One is a .177 and has a trigger pull that is ridiculously hard. The other one is a .22 900fps. I paid about $25 and $35 for them several years ago. Both of them are horribly inaccurate. The .22 900fps rifle is only good up to 10 yards on accuracy.

The other thing that concerns me about the Tech Force guns is that I read a lot of posts that mention people taking them apart and sanding pieces and so forth...then it works great.

If disassembling air rifles is your hobby, then I can see where that would be something you would look forward to. But I just want a reliable gun fresh out of the box to hunt with. I don't want to have to take it apart and sand it and change parts and "tune it". I just want to sight it in and use it.

Do all Chinese air rifles require extensive reworking before they are good, or are they okay without all of that, if you aren't into the rebuilding part of it?

The marketing advertisement spill on these seems to good to be true. I want the most bang for the buck, but I don't want to throw money away either. Will a Chinese rifle do for small game hunting, or do I need to spend twice as much for a RWS?

I would appreciate feedback from people who use Chinese rifles for serious small game hunting. The gun must be capable of a precise headshot with a scope.

thanks,
RodentRoaster
Only giving my personal opinion here.... But I own a TECH FORCE 99 in .22 caliber, which I orderd from COMPASSECO about a year and a half ago... All things considered it isn't a bad gun, but don't expect the velocity that is claimed, at least not without some work being done on it(and I don't work on them). It's reasonably accurate, but certainly not the "tack-driver" I was originally expecting. Also, it is as large and heavy as many centerfire rifles, and when it arrived it had a couple of blemishes and a couple of small scratchs in the stock. Also, with hands and fingers as big as mine, it takes some getting used to, to load a pellet when the scope is mounted... It is accurate and powerful enough for small game to reasonable ranges, say 35 or 40 yards or perhaps a bit more, and it makes a good "plinker", or "beater" gun to stick behind the seat, for those times you might like to have a pellet rifle handy......... But to be honest, a month or so back I ordered a CROSSMAN QUEST 800X in .22 caliber, from BASS PRO SHOPS... It came with a 4 power scope, is a good looking rifle, is shorter and lighter than the TF-99, is much more accurate, and shoots just as hard, if not more so... Also it cost much less... only $99.99...or $109.99 with the shipping and handleing(That is the cheapest place I could find it in .22 caliber.)... Now I have not had any experience with any other TECH FORCE rifles, and other people's experiences may have been different than mine...but between the TF-99, and the QUEST, both in .22 caliber, I'll pick the QUEST.... But, like I say...these are only my personal opinions.

December 8th, 2006, 3:01 am #4

thanks,
RodentRoaster
I appreciate both responses. I checked out the L & M sports and that looks promising. I have been trying to read up on the Chinese guns and I'm still not sure I have everything straight.

If I have it right, there are two Chinese airgun companies that basically produce all the airguns from China. They are Xisico that produces the BAM air rifles. These are the better quality of the two (correct?). If so, then the ones L & M sell are Xisico, which would be the higher make.

The Shanghai Airgun company makes the rest, including the ones that Compasseco uses as the base to make the Tech Force. If it is true that Shanghai makes the inferior brand, then the hype about the TF is overrated.

The two Industry brand rifles my sons have that are horribly inaccurate and have the too-heavy trigger pull would be Shanghai.

I have seen posts about the Crosman .22 Quest that says the trigger pull is very hard. Is that true for yours?

That brings up another thing I have not been able to piece together yet about the Quest. Besides the Crosman Quest, Beeman also makes a $149 rifle and scope that is made in China. So, which of the two air rifle companies in China make the Crosman Quest and the Chinese Beeman? Do those have the same issues as a Xisico or Shanghai brand, where they have to be worked on first before they are good?

Or since they are made for and sold under the Crosman and Beeman brands, are they actually made under higher quality control standards than the straight Shanghai or Xisico rifles?

Thanks again!

Mongojoe
Mongojoe

December 8th, 2006, 3:05 pm #5

Well, to be honest, alot of your questions I am simply not knowledgeable enough in air guns to answer. I am kinda "a novice" with air guns, and have only been getting into them the last 4 or 5 years... I own about a dozen air guns now, but there are hundreds out there that I have no experience with, and so can't comment about them... I know, from what I have read at various forums, that there are people who have many Chinese made airguns that they are very pleased with... Actually, I am not disappointed with my TF-99. I figure it was worth what I paid for it...but I do believe the ads for it greatly over-rate it... And No, the trigger on my QUEST is fine... Other people may have had problems, I don't know...but other than the amount of "take-up", which is adjustable, mine was decent when I took it from the box. Not great...but decent...and for a 100 dollar air gun, I can't complain about it... And I know about "hard" triggers, I own a MENDOZA Model 777... And my QUEST says on it, "Made in China",(I just went and looked) but not by what company. And all I did with it was take it from the box, clean it, mount the scope, and start shooting. I don't work on airguns, because, frankly, I don't know enough about their workings to trust myself to do so..... From what I understand, the TF-99 is actually the same rifle as the QB-36, but the TF-99 has a Macari(sp?) main spring installed in place of the standard one it came with..... Also I realize that a good many of the "less expencive" guns come from China, and are simply marked with the name of the company that imported them... But I don't take "where it was made" as automatically a reason to stay away from. Like I said, many people have Chinese guns that they are very pleased with. I have 2 or 3 myself that I am happy with. The only Chinese guns I have that I can absolutly recommend aginst getting are the WESTLAKE rifle, and a pistol that I got at a "Tool Sale". It was just marked, AIR PELLET PISTOL Model 1142... With either of these it would be difficult to hit the broad side of a barn...even while standing in it..... Sorry that I can offer no more information than this.

George Ulicny
George Ulicny

February 9th, 2009, 7:31 am #6

Hi. Do you have any break-barrel air pistols for sale ? Thanks, George

zia
zia

March 4th, 2011, 7:19 am #7

The B26 (not a tech force) is good for squirrels out to about 40 yds. Check out the web page for L&M Sports Airguns. When you purchase a rifle from Wallis, he cleans it, does some adjustments, test fires it and emails you the specs before he ships it to you. From L&M The B26,is $120 w/o scope but incl frt. I just purchased one in .22 cal. It puts out 15fpe muzzle energy as delivered - no adjustments needed.
hi dear my name is zia
i want 3200 pc air rifle 5.5
please give me last price cnf krachi
i want work with you for a long time
please give me skype

zia
zia

March 4th, 2011, 7:39 am #8

hi dear
i want just b3-1 3200 pc ok by
please give me last price ok