QB36-2 Disassembly

QB36-2 Disassembly

December 16th, 2007, 7:06 pm #1

Just bought a QB36-2. From all the posts I expected it to have all sorts of gunk to be cleaned. Actually it was in very good condition with little clean up needed. The stock while in good conditon is too dark for me so I want to refinish it with a lighter color. Looks like I remove the screws from the trigger guard and the 2 screws attaching it to the barrel. Is it that simple? Will I have a bunch of parts falling out when I separate the stock from the rest of the rifle? I am new to air rifles and would appreciate any help in this area. Thanks.

December 23rd, 2007, 8:57 pm #2

Not to worry. Nothing will fall out. The action & barrel will come off as one.
Excellent under-rated gun by the way. Congratulations a great choice.

December 28th, 2007, 3:29 am #3

Appreciate the data. I will be breaking it down next week to refinish the stock. I did some research on forums like this and that is why I settled on the QB. Originally looked at the Tech 99 which was twice the price of this one and the specs didn't justify the cost. I understand the Tech 99 has a better spring, but I am just doing some plinking and getting the attention of the few varmints that venture into my yard. So far the QB has turned out to be a pleasant surprise.