2011 Fall MT Nest Party

cindyzinaz
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
cindyzinaz
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

September 3rd, 2011, 5:58 pm #1

We're heading to Ventura, driving this trip... staying at "Eagle Central" Sept 23-26. So Sat. 24th or Sun 25th we'd love to catch up with Cruzers.

There was discussion on Chat about a restaurant in Carpinteria called Padaro Beach Grill on Santa Claus Lane. A few thought it would be a good gathering place, so perhaps the party starts there??

And right now, we also plan to drive to Dana Point for Sept 27 and 28. I know those are weekdays but, would love to catch up with anyone available for a quick lunch. We'll stay at the Dana Point Marina Inn at the harbor.

Unfortunately, because of the situation with our friend Anna, our plans could change in a flash. As of today, there is no change in her condition...still just waiting.

But even if we do have to back out last minute, any get together would, of course, continue, and we'd be there in spirit.

Hope we get to meet many of you soon.
Cindyzinaz - Mesa, AZ

sandie
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
sandie
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

September 5th, 2011, 6:09 pm #2

Cindy Padaro Beach Grill is a great place. It's a bit of a drive there but not far. Maybe 20 min's is all. They have a great area for private parties. There is a hawaiian or tropic theme there. Right next to the BEACH! So must be ready for any weather. Usually our weather is Sept and Oct is better than the summer due to all the fog we have. Peppermint lives very close to there. They have terrific sweet potato fries!!! :Yum: Maybe Patti could arrange to get us a nice spot? Love love love Cruzer parties. Cant wait >O< :><:

peppermint
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
peppermint
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

September 5th, 2011, 9:21 pm #3

It's a wonderful spot and Carpinteria is about halfway between Ventura and Santa Barbara. If people are interested, I can check it out to see if we can...or need...to reserve an area. Sandie, it has changed ownership recently so the menu seems a bit abbreviated compared to what I remember but still has salads, burgers, fish, chicken and lots of atmosphere outside on the green grass right on the beach. It shouldn't be as crowded as it was all summer.
Patti
Carpinteria, CA
halfway 'tween Ventura and Santa Barbara on the coast across from Santa Cruz Island

Eagle Duo
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Eagle Duo
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

September 5th, 2011, 9:54 pm #4

[color=EEF2F7] . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .[/color] [b][size=175][color=red][font=Kristen ITC] :party: LET'S PARTY!!! :party: [/font][/color][/size][font=Kristen ITC][color=red][/font][/color][/b]

[color=EEF2F7] . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .[/color] [img]http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m58/Janntonne/Animations/Eaglelanding-1.gif[/img]

[size=175][color=red][b][font=Kristen ITC] :<>: CALLING ALL CRUZERS!!! :<>: [/font][/b][/color][/size][font=Kristen ITC][b][color=red] [/font][/b][/color]

[size=175][color=blue][b][font=Kristen ITC] :```: 2011 EMPTY NEST PARTY :```: [/font][/b][/color][/size][font=Kristen ITC][b][color=blue][/font][/b][/color]
[size=75][b][color=blue]Celebrate the conclusion of another successful year for the IWS eagles![/color][/b][/size][color=blue][b] [/color][/b]

[size=100][color=red][b]ADDED BONUS[/b][/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red] :}^ MEET, GREET & DINE with [b]CINDYZINAZ[/b] on her Southern California Trip! :}^ [/color][/size]

[size=100][color=blue][b]DATE[/b]:[/color][/size][color=blue] [b][color=red]Saturday, September 24th[/color][/b][/color] [b][size=75][color=blue]Don't forget to bring your :BE: and your :clk: [/color][/size][/b]

[size=100][color=blue][b]PLACE:[/b][/color][/size][b][color=blue] [color=red]PADARO BEACH GRILL[/color] [/b][/color][b] [size=75][color=blue]On Santa Claus Lane in Carpinteria[/color][/size][color=blue] [/color][/b]

[size=100][color=blue][b]TIME[/b]: 1pm[/color][/size]

[b][size=100][color=red]R.S.V.P. HERE [/color][/size][/b] [size=75][b][color=red]or by sending me an e-mail[/color][/b][/size][color=red][b][/color][/b]

[color=navy][b][u]Attending[/u]:
Bette
Brad/Eaglelurker
Cindy
Dave & Jann
HelenB :X:
Iggle/Kathie :X:
Jeanette
Jillers
jkr55/Janice
JoJo/Jo (and friend)
JoJoFlys/Jo
Julie/Julesbrickle
Kate5555
Minacat
Peppermint
Sandie
Sheila & Roger
SueinLB
SusanO
Teacherlady
Troth/Teri
Vicki [/b]
[/color]

:X: [b][color=red]Possibly a surprise guest![/color][/b] :X:
BC - K76m & A32f
FP - A64m & A49f
PH - K10m & K26f
SC - A40m & A48f
TH - K81m & K82f
WE - K01m & K91f

cindyzinaz
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
cindyzinaz
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

September 6th, 2011, 12:44 am #5

[quote=peppermint,Sep 5 2011]It's a wonderful spot and Carpinteria is about halfway between Ventura and Santa Barbara.  If people are interested, I can check it out to see if we can...or need...to reserve an area.  Sandie, it has changed ownership recently so the menu seems a bit abbreviated compared to what I remember but still has salads, burgers, fish, chicken and lots of atmosphere outside on the green grass right on the beach.  It shouldn't be as crowded as it was all summer.[/quote] Patti, that would be great! Or if anyone local has other ideas, I'm sure - knowing how great Cruzer get togethers always are - anything will be great! >O<
Cindyzinaz - Mesa, AZ

ojailala
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
ojailala
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

September 6th, 2011, 1:16 am #6

I originally posted here that I would be able to come.. now I am looking at my book and seeing that I will be gone from the 23rd until the 25th.. It is our annual Miller Girls get together...planned all year long... I am so upset about this date problem. Cindy, will you be around on the 26th???

http://www.santabarbara.com/dining/news ... ens-today/

A slideshow on the above site shows inside and out...

cindyzinaz
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
cindyzinaz
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

September 6th, 2011, 3:10 am #7

ojailala,Sep 5 2011 wrote:I originally posted here that I would be able to come.. now I am looking at my book and seeing that I will be gone from the 23rd until the 25th.. :'(  It is our annual Miller Girls get together...planned all year long... I am so upset about this date problem.  Cindy, will you be around on the 26th???

http://www.santabarbara.com/dining/news ... ens-today/

A slideshow on the above site shows inside and out...

Linda, we'll be checking in on the 23rd, and checking out on the 26th so..... maybe we could do breakfast/brunch on the 26th?? We'll be driving to Dana Point that day and I think it's only a few hrs drive so..we can be somewhat flexible.
Cindyzinaz - Mesa, AZ

ojailala
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
ojailala
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

September 6th, 2011, 10:32 pm #8

I would like that Cindy... breakfast near your hotel.. you will beat the rush hour traffic doing that too... I am so sorry I can't be with all of the Cruzers at the beach... rats!

peppermint
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
peppermint
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

September 7th, 2011, 7:26 am #9

Awwww Lala...didn't this happen last year...a Cruzer event the same weekend as your annual "girls" weekend? Thanks for the link....there are umbrellas for all of those tables if it's hot/sunny.

Please post here if you're planning to attend so I know if we need to make any group arrangements
Patti
Carpinteria, CA
halfway 'tween Ventura and Santa Barbara on the coast across from Santa Cruz Island

Jeanette
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Jeanette
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

September 7th, 2011, 3:53 pm #10

I will be there September 24 at the Padaro Beach Grill Looking forward to seeing everyone
Jeanette - Santa Barbara, CA

Eagle Duo
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Eagle Duo
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

September 7th, 2011, 3:58 pm #11

Yeah, Jeanette! Will be great to see you again! :Hugs:
BC - K76m & A32f
FP - A64m & A49f
PH - K10m & K26f
SC - A40m & A48f
TH - K81m & K82f
WE - K01m & K91f

summer818
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
summer818
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

September 9th, 2011, 8:54 pm #12

Hi Jann:

I might be able to make it, I'll know very soon. :Yum:

Ventura, California

My Visit With Baby Star 2008 K-83

Malibu - A98 (PH)

Eagle Duo
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Eagle Duo
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

September 9th, 2011, 9:34 pm #13

Hope so, Vicki! :X:
BC - K76m & A32f
FP - A64m & A49f
PH - K10m & K26f
SC - A40m & A48f
TH - K81m & K82f
WE - K01m & K91f

iggle
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
iggle
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

September 10th, 2011, 12:00 am #14

As of right now, this looks totally doable for me, but I have to add my usual disclaimer: if I don't have to work... :X:

I can't believe it's MT Nest Party time again already.... (for the MT nests, not the party!!!)
[color=660066]
Kathie
Oxnard, CA
Gateway to the Channel Islands...
[/color]
[color=660066][/color]

Eagle Duo
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Eagle Duo
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

September 10th, 2011, 12:19 am #15

Yeah, Kathie! Hope that bad 4-letter word won't keep you from making the party! :X:

It is hard to believe it's that time already, isn't it?
Looking forward to seeing you and everyone else!
BC - K76m & A32f
FP - A64m & A49f
PH - K10m & K26f
SC - A40m & A48f
TH - K81m & K82f
WE - K01m & K91f