4th May PA CGAA Meetup Costs & payment info

February 12th, 2018, 4:48 pm #1

If you have business forum access, click here for full info: 4th-may-pa-cgaa-meetup-costs-payment-info-t1639.html

PM me for forum access, PayPal info, or how to pay by check.

I made the payment of $400 on the rental house in Bushkill, PA.  If you're coming, please send your contribution as soon as you can.  I'll keep all the bookkeeping and post it here as the money comes in and goes out.

Several people will be driving from the New York City area, so we can coordinate carpooling from Newark airport and other nearby airports.  See the next post below for more info.
Bookkeeping report: wrote: Number of people expected: 10
Money paid for rent and deposit: $400
Money for group groceries: $250
Total costs: $650
Money collected: $360
Still need to break even: $290
Leftover: $- (will be donated to CGAA or refunded to no-shows)
There are nine beds and five BYOM (Bring Your Own Mattress/cot/tent) spots in the house.  If we have more than 14 people, some will need to find other lodging.

We will buy groceries for the group, depending on how much money we collect.  If any money is charged for damage repair, we will need to collect more contributions to cover it.  (In the past three years, there was no damage and no deposit money withheld.)

March 7th, 2018, 8:03 am #2

If you are flying in and want to carpool to the meetup, this is the plan so far...

Meeting place
Newark airport, exact location tbd.

If you want to fly into JFK, I think there's a shuttle between the two airports, but you'll have to check the cost and departure times (it'll be at least an hour of travel time). For quick flight searches, the airport abbreviation for Newark is EWR.

Friday schedule
Leave Newark at 1pm.

I'd suggest scheduling your arrival before 12 if possible to allow time for delays, hiking through the airport, and picking up baggage if needed. We will stop somewhere for lunch. The drive to the meetup is approximately 2 hours. We will most likely be stopping by a grocery store close to the meetup to pick up some of the food for the weekend.

Note, if you're coming from the west coast, often flights leaving Friday morning won't get in until at least 2-3pm. So this could be a good opportunity to come a day early and visit with some cgaa friends Thursday night :) (or you may want an overnight flight).

Monday schedule
Return to Newark around 12pm. Schedule your departing flight after 2pm.

We will leave the meetup between 9 and 10 and get to Newark around noon. Again, don't schedule return flights until *after 2* to allow time for getting through security and such.

Cost
Last year it cost around $50/person. The actual cost will depend on how many people come and how many cars we get.

Contact
Reply here if you want to be part of the carpool. Feel free to call or message me (Johanna) if you have questions.

These details are not set in stone. If you want to be part of the carpool but the flight schedule doesn't quite match, just check in before making the reservations to see if it'll work.

March 8th, 2018, 2:23 am #3

I mentioned this to Scott as well; I live about 40 minutes away from Newark Airport and will also be driving and can pick people up at the airport on Friday who are arriving in the afternoon. The only caveat is that I am leaving in the afternoon on Sunday.

March 11th, 2018, 7:59 pm #4

If I am staying for two nights in a bed, and bringing my own food, do I deduct $30 from $70, bringing the total to $40?
leveling in steps, serenity, sponcys, sponsors, exercise, and sleep, (sanity has been downsized)

March 12th, 2018, 2:09 am #5

hirshthg wrote: If I am staying for two nights in a bed, and bringing my own food, do I deduct $30 from $70, bringing the total to $40?
Good question!  I haven't quite figured everything out, still tinkering each year.

I think Yes, $5 x 6 meals for $30, so $70-$30 = $40 total.  It's cheap this year.  I found an inexpensive rental.  As long as we have 10-12 people with half staying three nights, we'll have no problem covering the cost.

April 8th, 2018, 10:14 pm #6

Yay! I've been acting as if I'm coming without being sure I can afford it. I finally figured out for sure that I can and made flight reservations. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

April 29th, 2018, 8:45 pm #7

This week Friday!
leveling in steps, serenity, sponcys, sponsors, exercise, and sleep, (sanity has been downsized)