What's the weirdest request a resident has ever asked of you?

What's the weirdest request a resident has ever asked of you?

constance
constance

August 29th, 2006, 1:37 am #1

For me, it's been a while back now but this one lady resident cannot urinate without the sound of water. That's not so unusual. But instead of requesting that I run the faucet she wanted me to pour liquid from one container to another and back and forth. She also requested the same from the other girls from what I found out later. At first I obliged because I was fairly new and was unsure of when to say no but those were very busy times and I finally got the courage to explain to her that I cannot just stand there pouring water back and forth while other residents needed my help. The other girls quit doing too.

Catherine
Catherine

August 29th, 2006, 3:29 pm #2

That is unusual. I had a resident like this once. We would run water from the tap very slowly allowing the water to trickle. We would asked her to listening to the water fall. It did not take to long for unrine to come.

It seemed like pouring liquid from one container to the another doesn't stimulate a sensation to urinate. Pouring water like that takes up a lot of time when you can be doing something else.

constance
constance

August 29th, 2006, 4:01 pm #3

I have another one and this one is kinda recent. This man would ask for a urinal while he's in bed. He is not in the best of shape but still able. He would insist that you stand there and hold his blank while he urinates. The girls were pretty nice but pretty firm: "Sir, we would like for you to hold it yourself. We are pretty sure you can." That was the end of the request. (No he wasn't a "pee-vert", just didn't want to do it himself).

August 29th, 2006, 5:19 pm #4

"Peevert".......Now that's funny.............

constance
constance

August 29th, 2006, 5:23 pm #5

I was kinda of thinking of "Peewee"

August 31st, 2006, 4:13 pm #6

For me, it's been a while back now but this one lady resident cannot urinate without the sound of water. That's not so unusual. But instead of requesting that I run the faucet she wanted me to pour liquid from one container to another and back and forth. She also requested the same from the other girls from what I found out later. At first I obliged because I was fairly new and was unsure of when to say no but those were very busy times and I finally got the courage to explain to her that I cannot just stand there pouring water back and forth while other residents needed my help. The other girls quit doing too.
we had a lady that wanted her kitty hair trimmed.

Gail
Gail

August 31st, 2006, 5:12 pm #7

we had a guy where i work at that gave us a list of things he wanted/didn't want for supper.

Catherine
Catherine

August 31st, 2006, 5:50 pm #8

A male resident was in the mood where I worked and wanted to go into one of the female residents' rooms who he sits by for meals to do the you know? And if both had agreed, it was allowed to let him go in and do, you know?

constance
constance

September 1st, 2006, 4:24 pm #9

Legally they can't stop them but many of these people share rooms so I don't know how that would work out. And there would be a lot of sneekering in the halls because everybody would know (even though they're not supposed to know. Remember the privacy thing?)

constance
constance

September 1st, 2006, 4:27 pm #10

we had a lady that wanted her kitty hair trimmed.
"kitty" that's a very appropriate word. I'll try to remember to use that next time I make a reference.