Untitled

Untitled

July 11th, 2007, 12:20 pm #1

Good day everyone, i was wondering what you all meant by ( c n a is a wonderful job, there are good things to come out of it, is that a way of bringing people into the profession? is threat phrase a bait? ) oh come on people, speak the truth at least most of the time please, what's so WONDERFUL as being a C N A.
We work our butt off and at the end of the 8 hr shift you are so exhausted that all you want to see is a bed, TO SLEEP and rejuvinate for the next shift. The satisfaction can't be the cheque we receive, is it? NO can't be, then what is this wonderful THINGS you people talking about, the BM's are not it, is it?.
The reason i'm in this job is because i wanted to be a nurse as a child growing up, and i always had a PASSION for taking care of people, that's why i do this job it comes natural to me, there's a lot of things i HATE in this job and so do you people and We know what it is. A smile coming from someone after they are cleaned DOES not make me feel any good, it make THEM the patient feels good, they smile because the WET BRIEF IS OFF THEIR BUTT, ok, they did not smile with US. Get it right CNAS" I LOVE MY JOB BUT NOT ALL THE STRESS THAT COMES WITH IT. Thank you.

July 11th, 2007, 8:46 pm #2

I understand.

July 11th, 2007, 10:40 pm #3

Thanks for understanding rn.

July 13th, 2007, 4:36 am #4

Good day everyone, i was wondering what you all meant by ( c n a is a wonderful job, there are good things to come out of it, is that a way of bringing people into the profession? is threat phrase a bait? ) oh come on people, speak the truth at least most of the time please, what's so WONDERFUL as being a C N A.
We work our butt off and at the end of the 8 hr shift you are so exhausted that all you want to see is a bed, TO SLEEP and rejuvinate for the next shift. The satisfaction can't be the cheque we receive, is it? NO can't be, then what is this wonderful THINGS you people talking about, the BM's are not it, is it?.
The reason i'm in this job is because i wanted to be a nurse as a child growing up, and i always had a PASSION for taking care of people, that's why i do this job it comes natural to me, there's a lot of things i HATE in this job and so do you people and We know what it is. A smile coming from someone after they are cleaned DOES not make me feel any good, it make THEM the patient feels good, they smile because the WET BRIEF IS OFF THEIR BUTT, ok, they did not smile with US. Get it right CNAS" I LOVE MY JOB BUT NOT ALL THE STRESS THAT COMES WITH IT. Thank you.
Hi,I understand what you are feeling but.I totally disagree with you..I love my job,yes there are alot of things that are not glorious but I love the old folks.If you just forget about all of the unpleasent things,they have alot to teach us young ones.Being an aid is like being a mom ( you never get any thanks but it makes you feel good in the end)I treat all of my residents as if they were my own family as should anyone to took up our line of work...

July 13th, 2007, 5:16 am #5

I agree with you Westindiancna. I love my job but I absolutely hate some of the things I have to do. No, I do not feel pleasure when I clean a nasty smelly mess and they smile. Sorry, but I just don't. You get tired of inhaling C-Diff, MRSA air. You get tired of changing those same people over and over before you can even get to someone else once. I get tired of smelling hot pee and poop. Tired of hearing NURSE, NURSE for no good reason at all. Tired of being told to move mountains! However, It is rewarding, and it does bring me pleasure to make them smile-when I am on my way home!

July 13th, 2007, 5:57 am #6

westindia
I believe you are responding to the response I left someone. All I can say is no it's not fun cleaning crap and some of the other things that go with the job. thats not what i was saying I enjoyed. What I enjoy is knowing that I made a difference in someone elses life. Residents/patients don't tell you all the time but their are so many aides out there for just a paycheck and not for taking care of the residents that by me doing my job I know they got the attention they deserved at least for a brief period of time. And, not that I am refering this to you or anyone else on this message board but I think that once you have lost sight of this, that you have becaome one of the ones that are here for just a paycheck and when that happens its time to find a different career. People get old and people get sick, and they expect good quality care and they DESERVE this and thats what satisfies me. I gurantee if you ask any of the patients/residents they would tell you that they did not ask to get old and loose their dignity by pooping on themselves and nobody asks to get sick, but these things happen. When I am in this type of situation I just hope that their are people out their who will take the best care of me possible, because once you loose interest in what you do your patients loose interest in the work that you do.
And furthermore everyone on this site has a right to post their own opinions about this line of work weither or not people agree or disagree wiht it. This is what fulfills me in my job and why I like being a CNA whereas you may have different reasons.

July 13th, 2007, 10:00 am #7

I totally agree with Barbara. Once you lose
sight of why you became a CNA, the job becomes
just a paycheck....and a job with no joy.
I'm sure your attitude reflects your feelings....ask yourself one question....Would
you like yourself taking care of you in a nursing home?? You project your attitude outward everyday. Simply put..either change your attitude, or find another job.

July 13th, 2007, 2:27 pm #8

Loosing interest applies to CNA jobs as well as any other job. many people loose interest in what they do, and the customer/patient feels it. Although I do not like some of the things involved, I treat all my residents like VIP"s because they are. I do not let them see my discontent. Only my family, and people on this board here me go off. Isn't that what this message board is for? To let off some steam, enlighten each other and here each other.

If you feel it is not for you, then yes, try to find another job. This applies to all jobs. How many rude cashiers or phone customer service reps have you spoken to? I have spoken to quit a few.

This loosing interest and numbing also applies to caseworkers and people in the medical field than higher than anyone else. I think we all should be given a paid month off after so many years. So many people need to get their sense of feeling back!

July 13th, 2007, 6:45 pm #9

Can I ask how CNA'S get treated by LPN'S and RN'S?

July 13th, 2007, 7:43 pm #10

in most instances, extremely well.