Untitled

Untitled

March 9th, 2007, 3:32 pm #1

Can anybody explain to me in the simpilest terms what is inservice? and also if it is neccessary for keeping my certificate? Thank you in advance.

March 10th, 2007, 7:31 pm #2

I'll give you the web definition of it: Training conducted on-site and in-house either by staff or contracted trainer.

Basically, it's staff development.

Some places have mandatory 'in service' to ensure their staff is fully trained and staff is following proper and safe procedure --- at their employer site. I was required, in the hospital, to have 'x' number of hours of in-service training per year.

I'm not sure about relationship of inservice and certification retention. Someone else may be able to tell you if their is mandatory inservice --- I get the impression at least some states have that in order to retain your certification.

March 10th, 2007, 8:35 pm #3

Thank you Rance.

March 12th, 2007, 3:14 pm #4

I'll give you the web definition of it: Training conducted on-site and in-house either by staff or contracted trainer.

Basically, it's staff development.

Some places have mandatory 'in service' to ensure their staff is fully trained and staff is following proper and safe procedure --- at their employer site. I was required, in the hospital, to have 'x' number of hours of in-service training per year.

I'm not sure about relationship of inservice and certification retention. Someone else may be able to tell you if their is mandatory inservice --- I get the impression at least some states have that in order to retain your certification.
In Fl we need 12 inservice hours a yr. to keep our certification. They can be a classroom setting or a self study (read the info and take the test)Inservices here are educational and required.
Mary

March 13th, 2007, 1:58 pm #5

Thank you Ant.