Speaking up.

Speaking up.

LadyLaBelle
LadyLaBelle

April 17th, 2006, 8:49 pm #1

Speaking up sometimes helps a situation. I have worked as a CNA for a year and a half, in a really great Nursing Home. All things considered, I like it there, except they do not pay for Baylor Shifters. Another CNA and myself decided we wanted to press this issue, considering all other Nursing Homes in the area offer the pay, as well as ones owned by the same people. So we went to the Admin, our supervisors ect. It is now being considered for weekenders!
I hope it goes through, I have great confidances in my superiors. The pay for CNA's is low enough, we deserve to be paid Baylor.

On another note, this is a great site, I have been looking at it for some ti me. I enjoy reading your posts and reports. It is a good feeling to see that there are so many others out there doing our work and truly pouring your hearts into it.

Take care,
~Christine~

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 18th, 2006, 1:31 pm #2

What is Baylor?

Catherine
Catherine

April 18th, 2006, 4:48 pm #3

Speaking up sometimes helps a situation. I have worked as a CNA for a year and a half, in a really great Nursing Home. All things considered, I like it there, except they do not pay for Baylor Shifters. Another CNA and myself decided we wanted to press this issue, considering all other Nursing Homes in the area offer the pay, as well as ones owned by the same people. So we went to the Admin, our supervisors ect. It is now being considered for weekenders!
I hope it goes through, I have great confidances in my superiors. The pay for CNA's is low enough, we deserve to be paid Baylor.

On another note, this is a great site, I have been looking at it for some ti me. I enjoy reading your posts and reports. It is a good feeling to see that there are so many others out there doing our work and truly pouring your hearts into it.

Take care,
~Christine~
I haven't heard the term Baylor Shifters before; a new term for me. Does a shifters have additional duties than an average CNA or how is it different?

Simone
Simone

April 19th, 2006, 3:12 am #4

What I know of Baylor shift is that, for example, you work 2or3-12hr shifts(24-36hrs)over a weekend and get payed for 40hrs including all differentals.

Lady LaBelle
Lady LaBelle

April 19th, 2006, 11:02 am #5

Or, if you work, 16 hours Saturday, and 16 hours Sunday, instead of a check for 32 hours, you get one for 40. A little bonus and thank you for working the entire weekend, all hours in a short period of time, what have you. It is a good program. All Nursing homes in my area offer this, except mine...which hopefull soon will change. : )

Mona
Mona

April 19th, 2006, 11:45 pm #6

What is Baylor?
A Baylor is someone that works 3 days a week. two 16 hour shifts and one 8 hour shift, for their 40 hour week.You have to be "very" dependable to be a Baylor,otherwise 2 shifts are left unfilled.

Catherine
Catherine

April 20th, 2006, 1:05 pm #7

Or, if you work, 16 hours Saturday, and 16 hours Sunday, instead of a check for 32 hours, you get one for 40. A little bonus and thank you for working the entire weekend, all hours in a short period of time, what have you. It is a good program. All Nursing homes in my area offer this, except mine...which hopefull soon will change. : )
Thank you Simone and Lady LaBelle for the info on Baylor. I had no idea. Unfortunately, my agency doesn't have this.