MJ I am from RI also

MJ I am from RI also

Jennifer
Jennifer

August 29th, 2007, 1:14 am #1

I just read that you are from RI..I live in RI also,but work in Mass.Where abouts in RI are you from???

August 29th, 2007, 12:24 pm #2

I live in Warwick right now. Do you work in a nursing home? If so, it is likely that we may have crossed paths. I used to work in hospice and have been in most nursing homes in RI at some point.

August 29th, 2007, 4:59 pm #3

I live in Pawtucket.Although I work in Mass only.I never got my RI license reinstated back in 93'.
I do work in a Nursing home now.I did work for mass visiting nurses for a little while.,but the pay wasn't good and they could never give me a 40hour work week.
I would love to get somehow into a doctors office.I physically am having a hard time doing my job any more ,and after all these years I am spent and burnt out.
The fact that the beds where I work do not go up or down when washing really stinks! It does a number on my back all hunched over,instead of the bed being waist high..

September 1st, 2007, 6:16 pm #4

I just read that you are from RI..I live in RI also,but work in Mass.Where abouts in RI are you from???
Hi Jennifer. Many doctor's offices will hire CNAs but now, with all of the schools offering Medical Assistant programs, they may pick someone who is a trained MA. I worked as a Medical Assistant in a Urology practice for 3 years. It was wonderful because there was no lifting whatsoever. They trained me to draw blood, which was great and, as odd as it sounds, I like doing that. They also trained me to prep patients and assist in out-patient surgeries and procedures, i.e. cystoscopies, biopsies,vasectomies (yes, I even cut the stitches for the docs during the procedures--my friends were grossed out!). I used to catheterize patients, remove catheters (urinary), irrigate bladders,straight cath and teach patients to straight cath themselves (women with MS, etc.)I was also in charge of ordering lab and medical supplies for 2 offices, etc. I loved that job and learned so much.

September 2nd, 2007, 3:11 pm #5

MJ why do you cna work now? Did you miss it? It sounds as if you loved the medical assistant job and were good at it.
I think if I was just given a chance at something like that I would excel at it.
I really don't want to go to school.But finding jobs that train you,like yours did it is hard to come by.
If you ever hear of anything could you please keep me posted.I would appreciate it.Thanks so much!!!

September 3rd, 2007, 6:34 pm #6

Is warick near barrington?

September 3rd, 2007, 10:03 pm #7

Going south, there's Providence,Cranston and then Warwick. If you want the whole story as to why I don't work as a medical assistant in that practice anymore, you could email me or IM me when you are online because it is kind of personal and I would prefer not to share al of my life here, lol! It was because of a very positive reason, I assure you. I ended up renewing my CNA license and went to work for hospice, which I loved also. Right now, I am looking for a new job, possibly medical assistant again. Just to let you know, as a medical assistant you don't get to spend much time with the patients or perform any "nurturing" activities. I really missed that.I don't know about you, but I love doing patient care. Some people tell me that I am crazy for that, but I think most CNAs who really have their heart in their work like those duties, too. But as for your back, believe me, I am sure that we ALL understand that. It is one of the hardest jobs in the world, I think, but monetarily it is rewarded the least, which is also something we all know. Jennifer, please feel free to contact me.

May 17th, 2010, 8:52 pm #8

I live in Warwick right now. Do you work in a nursing home? If so, it is likely that we may have crossed paths. I used to work in hospice and have been in most nursing homes in RI at some point.
MJ I live in RI and am getting ready to take my pretest for the cna program at ccri in warwick, if i get in my goal is to work in a nursing home do you find it is easier working in a nursing home as opposed to a hospital just curious