missing and broken equipment...

missing and broken equipment...

October 14th, 2007, 12:28 pm #1

Man, this is a topic that makes me crazy. In the first LTC I worked in, There was one working blood pressure cuff (manual) that the rehab unit and the Alzheimer's unit shared. Also only one hoyer lift, and one shower chair with broken wheels. I can still remember dragging that chair down the hall with a resident in it, making big scrapes in the freshly buffed floor. This was also the case in the 2nd facilty I worked in, though they had a little bit more money, still when things broke, they were not replaced, so once again, broken shower chairs, two of them for 4 hallways. Just another one of those things that made me flee from ltc...

Peace always,

xtech64

October 15th, 2007, 9:03 pm #2

We had a 300 lbs resident stuck in mid Air on the Hoyer lift. It suddenly died for good! The emergency button released itself and brought the resident down to the lowest possible state-midway between the floor and the bed! She was so heavy it took 6 nurses and cna's to get her out the air and into the bed. One hurt her back doing it. The hoyer never had any problems and suddenly died that day. They replaced it fortunately. The horrors of healthcare!

October 15th, 2007, 9:05 pm #3

Sorry, I meant 375 lbs resident. Either way, that is a lot of weight to carry!