Georgia Not Welcoming NY CNA's or LPN's

Georgia Not Welcoming NY CNA's or LPN's

fed up-NewYorker
fed up-NewYorker

August 5th, 2007, 5:19 pm #1

I find it ridiculous to know its basically impossible to get a job in the healthcare field in ga,we have been here for a year now,basically back and forth with agencies no guaranteed cases ridiculous basically gonna wrap it up and go back to ny where we know we can get a job, georgia isn't for everyone at all. Sis/ LPN ,23 Me/ CNA, 22 too young for these problem we both have a kid and we might end up homeless staying in ga

August 5th, 2007, 9:58 pm #2

They are still fighting the Civil War down there.

Lesley Shell
Lesley Shell

August 6th, 2007, 12:43 am #3

Do you really want to work in Georgia??? The wages absolutely stink.. But if you are looking for work, Cordele Hospital is looking for LPN's and CNA's but they don't pay very much above the minimum wage.

Tomiko
Tomiko

August 6th, 2007, 10:54 pm #4

I find it ridiculous to know its basically impossible to get a job in the healthcare field in ga,we have been here for a year now,basically back and forth with agencies no guaranteed cases ridiculous basically gonna wrap it up and go back to ny where we know we can get a job, georgia isn't for everyone at all. Sis/ LPN ,23 Me/ CNA, 22 too young for these problem we both have a kid and we might end up homeless staying in ga
Where are you located. My nursing home is hiring for both positions.

Fed-up New Yorker
Fed-up New Yorker

August 7th, 2007, 6:20 am #5

The Southeast atlanta area in stockbridge I look all over in atlanta in my area is just nothing is happening we got a few case very breif from maxim healthcre but thas about it I think I sent out about 100 plus resume online 28 faxes a couple dozen nursing homes nothing is shaking and ...for the lady who said something about the pay I mean your absolutely right but a new change diffenately not working and where cordele hospital? Never heard of it

August 7th, 2007, 12:51 pm #6

It's Crisp Regional hospital. Here is their site with job listings...

http://www.crispregional.org/new_page_1.htm

Lesley Shell
Lesley Shell

August 7th, 2007, 7:55 pm #7

Crisp Regional not only is a hospital but they own 3 nursing homes, 2 hospices and a whole bunch of doctor's offices...and other medical facilities

August 8th, 2007, 10:37 pm #8

I am sure Georgia welcomes them both. I have some tips for you. Do you have a car? If not I hope public transportation is plentiful. Get a bunch of numbers and address's together. Get them from the phone book and the internet and word of mouth. Go to as many places as you can and dress appropriatley to be interviewed-sometimes they do on the spot interviews. Have several copis of your resume ready. Fill out applications and remember to call in once a week to check the status of your application. Do this with every job! Show them you are hungry. Even if they do not get right back to you, when they fumble through their applications, your name will be fresh in their minds because you are keeping in touch. Also, do not be afriad to check out other options. Are you interested in getting a higher education? If so, right now is a perfect time for you to get a jump on that and even many local community colleges have programs to help you find work. Don't give up. You will find a job, I do hear the pay is bad there, so that is why I say keep other options open and visit your local college to see what they can do for you.

cna2lpn2rn
cna2lpn2rn

August 12th, 2007, 11:37 pm #9

Try www.indeed.com, type in job title, zip code, or city/county. That should help.