EXAM

EXAM

July 18th, 2007, 8:49 pm #1

Hi is me again,what about this exam certified nurse assistant`s,if i buy the book study and pass ,without take the class, do you think they will give me the job when i apply????thanks

connie oliveira

July 19th, 2007, 6:10 pm #2

You need to take the class so that someone who knows what they are doing can teach you. No state will allow you to work as a CNA without hands on clinical at a certified school. Yes, books are helpful, but you need to be certified by a liscensed professional before you can become a CNA.

Do not think that this is an easy job that anyone can do. Sure lots of people can do it, but it goes beyond common sense and the ability to lift. Please take this seriously. If you want to be a CNA, Great! Read this board as I have found it to be insiteful. However, you have to go through the same ropes as the rest of us. Good Luck!

July 20th, 2007, 11:09 am #3

Hi is me again,what about this exam certified nurse assistant`s,if i buy the book study and pass ,without take the class, do you think they will give me the job when i apply????thanks

connie oliveira
You can take the CNA test in Florida without going to classes. This has been a topic of debate at at our CNA Council a few times. Personally I think it's ok. Some people have a medical backround and don't need classes. This doesn't go over well with some of the other council members who think everyone must go to classes. I on the other hand feel the problem is with the test. If someone with no medical training can pass it (and they can) I say change the test. They then say to many people would fail. Oh well then that's of the schools who didn't teach them what they needed to know isn't it?
Mary

July 20th, 2007, 4:56 pm #4

Wow. You just taught me something. I did not know they allowed CNA's to be certified without classes and clinical. Seems you can do anything from home now days!

July 20th, 2007, 10:23 pm #5

connie oliveira
I know that some states will allow military veterans who were medics be cnas without taking a regular cna course.

GotPills,CMA
GotPills,CMA

July 27th, 2007, 4:21 pm #6

connie oliveira
I believe every NA should have formal training, my opinion. Even though I also believe that anyone with the slightest common knowledge could definitly pass the Kansas Certification. I get completely frustrated with some of the idiots I see pass through facilities. I often wonder I Cracker Jacks hands out cert. as their surprise in the box.... I'm not saying you are one of the idiots I refer to, It just sucks for those of us who are there for the residents not the pay. I have seen a resident fall from a lift, the same CNA wasn't paying attention and when lowering a res. into a w/c, broke the res. leg on the maxi lift arm(the main bar that controls the up and down motion of the lift.) Sucks for the residents too. Wish you the best of luck.

GotPills