CNA ONLINE PRATICE SKILL VIDEO

CNA ONLINE PRATICE SKILL VIDEO

NATASHA
NATASHA

May 2nd, 2008, 10:41 pm #1

FOR SOME REASON THE VIDEO ARENT WORKING. DO ANY KNOW ANOTHER ONLINE VIDEO FOR SKILL PRACTICE?

flostover
flostover

May 3rd, 2008, 2:00 am #2

i would to find a video of any kind on cna

Danny
Danny

May 3rd, 2008, 11:07 am #3

FOR SOME REASON THE VIDEO ARENT WORKING. DO ANY KNOW ANOTHER ONLINE VIDEO FOR SKILL PRACTICE?
Those videos are not what you need anyway!!
Get your skill list out and say them over and over and over and over to yourself until you can say them from memory. Then when you take your test, you will know what to do and when to do it.

May 3rd, 2008, 11:45 am #4

Forget the online videos. I checked them out and quickly turned them off. Like danny said..just say the skills over and over in your head until you have them memorized. I did it and had no problems with the test. Just relax and concentrate. The online videos showed a whole different way from how i was taught. I did not want to confuse myself. Good luck.

May 5th, 2008, 1:20 pm #5

I've seconding, or thirding or fourthing, the comments about worthless videos. Yes, you need to practice the skills outside class. I, and others, have written about this before. Class shows you how things are done and maybe allows you to practice a skill once or twice in class. But, you need to practice on your own. Our instructor admonished the class for complaining that we didn't feel adequately prepared for the skills test by telling us that we needed to 'practice, practice, practice' OUTSIDE of class. That was our 'homework.
Actually, the best way to practice skills is with a few other people --- same as you may have done when studying for exams. You need someone else to take BP's on, lie in a bed (to practice changing an occupied bed), do range of motion exercises on, transfers, or whatever skills you want to practice.

I had a wife that was willing to let me practice on her but it would have been better to have others from the class to make sure I was doing everything correctly.

Get a 'study group' going..............