C.N.A. classes in Rochester, NY area

C.N.A. classes in Rochester, NY area

Monique
Monique

August 5th, 2006, 4:41 pm #1

Hello

I'm looking for free CNA classes in the Rochester, NY area. I'm currently a pca and would like to become a CNA but I'm having a hard time finding training in my area. I know some nursing homes, etc. offer free training but I haven't come across any.
Anyone here from the Rochester area? Any advice ?

Thanks!

Monique

August 8th, 2006, 12:15 pm #2

I'm not familiar with your area, but the advice for training is always the same. You need to find all the schools in your area and contact them to see if they offer CNA classes. This requires some time and research on your part.

I did a search and found that Monroe College, in Rochester, offers Basic Nurse assistant class. Assuming you're in that district, you're not going to find anything less expensive (other than on-the-job training which is not as prevalent as it sometimes appears to be).

I also found a site that lists schools:

www.stronghealth.com/healthcareers/reso ... ources.cfm

That site also had Monroe College in it.

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 8th, 2006, 6:42 pm #3

Thanks so much for your time and effort. I really appreciate it!
I have researched the local schools and colleges offering the course but I was hoping for free/on-the-job training type of thing. I have learned, as you said, thats hard to find.
The college thats closest to me offers classes for $1,500. Not too bad, I guess. : )

Thanks again for your help.

Monique