Bad Experience?

Bad Experience?

shunniemo
shunniemo

January 3rd, 2009, 3:45 am #1

I have been a cna for 6 months now. I started with a brand new nursing home and things were not organized. They never wanted to hire anybody because the census was too low. I happened to be one to the first cna's that they hired. Things started to get really hectic as residents started moving in. Whenever something went wrong they would always come to me. I had alot of extra duties on top of everything I already had to do. This was a very stressful facility to work at . I have always wanted to be a Nurse, but after working at this facility I'm not sure anymore. I ended up quiting that facility and it seemed like a weight had been lifted off. I vowed never to work at another nursing home again. I want to know is it like this at every facility or did I just have a bad experience?

Shelley
Shelley

January 3rd, 2009, 12:35 pm #2

It is not like this at all facilitys. I have also been a CNA for just over 6 months now and I love the nursing home where I am at. It is very clean, organized and they are always on top of things. I have no problems where I am at. We have 7-8 girls working the 7-3 shift which works out to 7-9 residents each. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

January 3rd, 2009, 4:53 pm #3

I have been a cna for 6 months now. I started with a brand new nursing home and things were not organized. They never wanted to hire anybody because the census was too low. I happened to be one to the first cna's that they hired. Things started to get really hectic as residents started moving in. Whenever something went wrong they would always come to me. I had alot of extra duties on top of everything I already had to do. This was a very stressful facility to work at . I have always wanted to be a Nurse, but after working at this facility I'm not sure anymore. I ended up quiting that facility and it seemed like a weight had been lifted off. I vowed never to work at another nursing home again. I want to know is it like this at every facility or did I just have a bad experience?
Not every nursing home is like that i have work at a couple i really enjoyed working there. I have been a cna for 18yrs.

January 9th, 2009, 10:44 pm #4

not all nursing homes are like that, though there is a transition between census going up and getting staffing for them, i work seconds so we have more residents than day shift. we have had a call in every day this week so we have done the best we cann with two aides for 30 some residents. which actuall a good average fr seconds.