Moderator: Moderators

The "feel" of power delivery Rotax VS Suzuki

Ferreteer
Commoner
Ferreteer
Commoner

May 3rd, 2018, 8:24 am #1

I'm a newbie here and I've only ever ridden my pals 604 DS. He is a Rotax man through and through and denigrate the Suzuki because of its alleged "cooking" power delivery and he says that although they have near identical quoted bhp figures the rotax feels much more "urgent" in its delivery.

Now I have ridden plenty of bikes and I know exactly what he's getting at but I haven't any experience of the Suzuki engine so what is the consensus of opinion on the forum?

Ferreteer
Commoner
Ferreteer
Commoner

May 6th, 2018, 4:53 pm #2

Well bugger me sideways I never thought I would get absolutely 0 response if anyone can point me to a well worn thread that explains this I'd be just as happy

Lardmarc
Viscount

May 7th, 2018, 11:21 am #3

motomaniac wrote: As we all know, the rotax is for the men, while the ladies love a suzook... lol
I was trying to figure out how to put it without making them cry.

You didn't bother.

Well done.

Worst thing they ever did was go 'Jap' then Chinese. I wouldn't touch either of them.
Just a flunky along for the ride.

Pa644
Marquess
Pa644
Marquess

May 7th, 2018, 4:52 pm #4

Tractor (thump thump thump) versus racing machine. Austrians never could make a anything that´d go fast. Look how thery´ve ruined Huskies. Best thing on my last Rotax was the kickstarter.
Aged 644

Lardmarc
Viscount

May 7th, 2018, 5:24 pm #5

Pa644 wrote:Austrians never could make anything that´d go fast. Look how they've ruined Huskies.
Yep... KTM = Shite.

Lardmarc
Viscount

May 7th, 2018, 7:18 pm #6

That was a bit naughty Motomaniac, deleting your original post. Luckily I quoted directly from it so will carry on the discussion for you. :goodgrief:

May 7th, 2018, 9:32 pm #7

Lardmarc wrote:That was a bit naughty Motomaniac, deleting your original post. Luckily I quoted directly from it so will carry on the discussion for you. :goodgrief:
maybe he meant ruskies
and he is really a spy
reckon they got him with the spray lol
:dirtbike:

Ferreteer
Commoner
Ferreteer
Commoner

May 7th, 2018, 11:26 pm #8

Well guys I'd like to say thank you all for the information but.......????

The plain fact is I'm drawn to the rotax, always wanted one, even one in a Harris Matchless.
Just looking for evidence to back me up when I pull the trigger!

Pa644
Marquess
Pa644
Marquess

May 8th, 2018, 6:31 am #9

Ferret .... you´ll love it! .... especially the sprag, and having to get a really good witch doctor to make it run on the level with any other post WWII bike. And if you´re really into primitive mechanics, you could try fitting an Enfield diesel. It should have roughly the same ooomph.

PS

.... and I nearly forgot: the widespread availability of Rotax parts (from any scrap merchant, or a single internatioinal dealer somewhere in Outer Mongolia). I got a cylinder head for my Sukiyaki Freewind CCM644 within a few days recently. But don´t let anyone put you off. And please let us know whether you´ve finally decided to join the masochist bone crunchers .... or get yourself a nice Spitfire.
Last edited by Pa644 on May 8th, 2018, 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aged 644

motomaniac
King

May 8th, 2018, 11:24 am #10

WTF??? Where'd my post go???