Moderator: Moderators

Something Funny happened on my way home!

dukeman31
Knight

June 24th, 2014, 6:18 pm #1

Went out yesterday on a wee ride,non stop for no more than 2 hours.Nice open roads for 90 mins and then town/traffic for the last 30. When the town/traffic stuff began my bike started to cut out/bog down when setting off. I managed to overcome it and carry on home but as i pulled into my estate it cut out again and wouldn`t re-start. Do the Rotax`s suffer from heat soak to the carb and cause my symptons? :what: :what: :what: :what:

Cuz
God

June 24th, 2014, 8:10 pm #2

Any juice in the tank, the bits at the front of the wings don't count as they're below the tap when the bikes on the level. I've never had a problem with heat soak.See what the other lads say. Was it running ok other than setting off?

ian6pot
God

June 24th, 2014, 8:13 pm #3

Never had heat issues with the Rotax,apart from melting the front fender lol.

RB636
God

June 24th, 2014, 9:32 pm #4

Never had heat issues, even on the race bike sitting in traffic, I could even smell the enigne enamel curing further but it never runs any different once warm.

The rotax doesent care about heat it seems,in fact my neighbor said when they used to race, the huskies and ktms would have to be shut off on the grid on hots days as they overheated and he never had to turn his off.

sticky choke, or float needle letting by a bit, when on a run the excess is used up but sitting perhaps the fuel level richens.

what does the bike do when left ticking over on the stand? Will it eventually cut out.

dukeman31
Knight

June 24th, 2014, 10:13 pm #5

Once it set off and cleared it`s throat so to speak it was fine. I can see petrol in the tank but can`t be sure what`s left. I`ll see if it does it again. Thanks everyone for answering my question a eliminating one line of enquiry! :-)

motomaniac
King

June 25th, 2014, 8:01 pm #6

do you have the "old" carb rubber ?.... is the carb touching the shock?... with the older slightly longer rubber, the carb can vibrate causing the fuel to froth in the carb, in town you may notice this.... just a thought...

dukeman31
Knight

June 26th, 2014, 12:30 pm #7

motomaniac wrote:do you have the "old" carb rubber ?.... is the carb touching the shock?... with the older slightly longer rubber, the carb can vibrate causing the fuel to froth in the carb, in town you may notice this.... just a thought...
It looks likes it clear of the shock,i`ll double check that. Cheers :arms: