Moderator: Moderators

wirral121
Duke

2:18 PM - Sep 15, 2017 #201

Just managed a booking at the new premises of MOTRAC RACING Dynojet dyno next Tuesday 4PM ,Cafe Racer needs choke all the time to start up , popping and banging really strongly on the overrun , I think the pilot jets need to go back up to 27.5s, though i,ve not touched anything I,ll leave it to the expert.Will relay results after tune up Cheers.

kevadams
Commoner
kevadams
Commoner

10:17 AM - Sep 18, 2017 #202

Great read, and what a bike too! Must feel good riding a one off like that, when it's sorted :-)

wirral121
Duke

1:59 PM - Sep 20, 2017 #203

Well Motrac has moved,still only about 4miles away on a gated science park where you have to sign in to enter. A lot bigger unit and probably well secured to keep the local villians out

Steve loaded bike onto dyno and proceeded to switch all fans ,equipment on very noisy

Bike was lean on the pilot circuit ,he adjusted both carbs to get to right mixture according to the dyno computor screen, he did part throttle runs the needle position were weak now

He for some reason did a full throttle run in fifth gear when it jumped several times and he ended the session . The main jet was in the ballpark area ,but needles need adjusting.
Steve was not happy to continue with the gearbox problem,and told me again not to ride the bike untill its sorted. Its his dyno so my bike blowing up on it could be very damaging to both parties I respected his opinion though, the dyno printout shows dips where gearbox jumps and maximum revs were not reached, not what I was expecting .

He told me to bring it back when the gearbox is sorted , the only saving grace of the day he only charged me £20 for dyno runs. I,ll run the bike on the odd day till road tax runs out then take engine out. A full engine rebuild at Motrac £700 PLUS PARTS I will have to find someone a lot cheaper ,as a gearbox rebuild may be beyond my talents CHEERS for now.
Last edited by wirral121 on 2:15 PM - Sep 20, 2017, edited 4 times in total.

Esefar
Commoner
Esefar
Commoner

6:36 PM - Dec 17, 2017 #204

This 50 rwhp... ?
I tried to run mine without the airbox but it runs like shit.
I have a KN filter on, an Ignitech ECU and a Kent Cam ready to be fitted, but I want to install it when it is sorted and running good.
It can rev but it has no power at all and it is running very hot. Can you please tell me your carbs settings?
Also you said that the mot scales shown 133kgs??? That's seriously low!

wirral121
Duke

2:58 PM - Dec 18, 2017 #205

My suzuki xf650 based engine ,has the standard twin carbs, 2-1 rubber to air filter via a small piece of angled plastic drainpipe. The KN FILTER is clamped on to this. After trying at least 3 sets of pilot jets ,I ran with 27.5,s ,needle on 4th groove,160 main jet . I took it to get dyno,d , and it came out with 25 pilots which are still in, the needles position were still a fraction rich, he shimmed down to 3.5 ( groove position) and upped my main jets to 170. My engine std ignition,Brisk sparkplugs, 710 Bigbore, KENTCAM, Head work inc multi valve angle seat cut, one off full exhaust system .I would really advise you to get it set up on a Dyno as running too lean could damage your engine GOOD LUCK!

wirral121
Duke

1:20 PM - Apr 21, 2018 #206

It,s been awhile since I last posted anything , my life,s changed after nearly 41 yrs at Vauxhall,s I took the voluntary early retirement deal just before Christmas. Just turned 60 in March , looking forward to a less stressful remainder on this earth. On another note been busy every where else apart from the garage. The weather has put me off working on the cafe racer, but last week I bit the bullet and slowly took it apart , bagging/wrapping / labeling things up. I initially bandaged the frame with £2 worth from poundworld to save from scratching.

The Husaberg te125 Enduro is not mine,Its my sons latest acquisition 38BHP ? certainly very quick. I found a local lad who is a qualified Head Honda technician in local dealership , He is going to strip complete engine ,find out whats up with fifth gear ,hopefully fix it and rebuild engine completely for me ,then all I have to do is put it all back together. This way any problems can be sorted as he only lives 6 miles away. I have every faith in him as has a good reputation. I left the engine with him yesterday, told him no rush, just fix it right what ever the cost, I said I do not want to take this engine out ever again! Meanwhile touched up rear engine mounts, ground out cracks on front mudguard, fibreglassed/ filled primed resprayed it Volkswagon Reflex silver looks ok , started polishing all shiny bits up. Hopefully I will post again when I find out whats been wrong with my fifth gear issue. SORRY MUCKED UP DOWNLOAD IMAGES UP will get a younger mind on it tomorrow to sort out! Pictures sorted went on wrong posting , must be an age thing!
Last edited by wirral121 on 11:27 AM - Apr 22, 2018, edited 4 times in total.

Othen
Baron
Othen
Baron

5:16 AM - Apr 22, 2018 #207

Good fortune - I hope you find fifth gear!
Best wishes,
Alan

wirral121
Duke

2:22 PM - Jul 25, 2018 #208

I knew after talking to the mechanic it would be a while till he got to my engine, as he was moving out of his parents house to his newly acquired house. He did say he had 3/4 weeks work on the house before he could look at it , to which I replied there is no rush I,ve got my other two bikes to use! Well 11 weeks later, he messaged to say engine now fully stripped. The gearbox dogs etc, which I ,went up to look at his garage are worn, as is selector forks slightly. A full gearbox rebuild ,after pricing parts £1k plus gaskets+labour ,which works out a lot more than I paid for original bike. I was then told some parts are not in stock, even the no 3 selector fork there are none in Europe! The gearbox has to be fixed after spending all this time/money on it, but looking at a £1500 bill was a bitter pill to swallow after what,s already cost. I looked on Ebay etc for another engine etc , and found someone selling a job lot of CCM644 engine parts that no one had bid on, which contained three complete gearbox,s I messaged him to see if he would consider selling me just the 3 gearbox,s? to which he replied yes.He split this engine package up and it arrived 2 days ago , I,ve dropped the parts off with the mechanic last night , hoping to hear back shortly from him saying these used parts are OK otherwise I,ll be waiting for all new parts to arrive from Japan with a big bill. I also told him off to Cyprus tomorrow for holiday , don,t phone text. Will report back when I know more CHEERS.

wirral121
Duke

5:29 PM - Aug 06, 2018 #209

The mechanic has been in touch ,the three second hand gearboxes are in worse Nick than mine.He does not want to use these so the plan now, to keep cost down is to replace third and fifth gears with all new parts,that's if they are available ,might have to order from Japan.I hoped to be able to have used some/all of these used gearbox parts appears to be £150 down the drain. Could be awhile before its back together CHEERS for now.

wirral121
Duke

9:41 PM - Oct 01, 2018 #210

Latest update arrived back from holiday 4 weeks now ,to get a message from my young mechanic he has been ill,spent  three days in hospital,now  on medication feeling very weak and tired all the time. He has been off work for four weeks , and because of this  has asked me if its all right for  another  very experienced work colleague( Honda technician) to take over the rebuild. Obviously I,m not happy , but what can you say or do? Shit happens  and to top it all  , just been messaged today , new mechanic has examined all gearbox , and is not happy with it reckons it all needs replacing, so looks likely now  I,m going to have a bill for a full rebuild , more than I  paid for the  bike originally.  All the parts are not in stock still,  I   have considered buying another engine , but then you are taking a chance 2nd hand, so looks like my early retirement redundancy money taking a hit Cheers for now