Information: Please go to our new forums at casualba.boards.net

Easy Forcing with MM2 Note

January 10th, 2018, 1:54 am #1

The scrawled/translated note from MM2 can be used for forcing wave ends with the same efficiency of a mind shield, but with arguably much easier use. Didn't share it because it can have limited uses in bug abuse.

When you click the note, it opens up an interface immediately. Once the note is closed, it queues up a stackable interface (like a prayer). This is useful, because if you spam click the scrawled note, you'll always have exactly 1 stackable interface queued. This means you'll always be holding the wave end with exactly one stackable interface.

To force wave ends: simply spam left click the note and hold the ESC key with the option for ESC to close interfaces enabled. Once the NPCs are all dead, stop clicking the note. The ESC key is held down to automatically close the first interface and thus not obstruct your visibility. You can also walk while holding the wave end if you click to move during the first interface.

Note: this stackable interface is low priority, and pops in the order it is queued with other low priority stackable interfaces (i.e. prayers, fixed device, etc.). To do the egg duping on the queen wave, you can't use low priority stackable interfaces. You should use an animation stall such as mind shield to dupe eggs (which ofc can be chained into the translated note if you want).
- LHC

January 10th, 2018, 4:25 am #2

I tried this way back when you guys first discovered it but it was a bit inconsistent for me. I think it was something to do with the interface not closing every time. I'm not sure if this was because of my keyboard's esc key being trash or something to do with my clicking. Due to this I found mind shield looping a lot more consistent. I suppose I'll go back and try it again though.

January 10th, 2018, 10:06 am #3

the scroll seems 100% consistant so it must be your esc key :). Only thing i struggled with was timing the end of the stall. I prefer using mind shield for that reason, but scroll is excellent if you dont want to pay much attention to your forces (leeching).

LHC

January 10th, 2018, 11:57 am #4

There are two methods
1t cycle https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KO94MPdJV_c

2t cycle https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zPTY-vmrNWc

To see the difference watch waves 7 and 9 of the 2t method. These waves are extended by 1.2s. It doesnt always extend the wave by this much, it could be insta, 0.6s, or 1.2s. In every other wave of that gameplay I was able to let the last healer proc the interface resulting in an insta end. It is pretty much impossible to fail unless you risk it for the insta end.
Equiping an item closes that window in 0ticks while holding esc takes 1 tick. Prayer blessings are good items to use. The cycle is fairly pleasant, similar to perfect 1tick spam on the healers but easier because the items are beside one another. Also the blessings change color before you start the next cycle and act as a metronome. Now the wave can be either insta or 0.6s later. This is somthing i am planning to learn.
"I want to give players the same opportunities that I had when I started playing ba. A fun, welcoming environment with great people to look up to and learn from."
- iTaste 2016

"If I tried, I bet my dick could touch my asshole"
- flunch 2017
[+] Spoiler

January 10th, 2018, 2:43 pm #5

I probably shoulda guessed everyone already knew haha. Hadn't seen the method described in a post though.

January 10th, 2018, 6:15 pm #6

Whurse Meat wrote:I probably shoulda guessed everyone already knew haha. Hadn't seen the method described in a post though.
I mean its always nice to have a post to direct people to anyway

LHC

January 11th, 2018, 6:36 pm #7

I wonder if you could hold esc then instead of simply stopping to end the wave in 2t equip an item to end it in 1t. A mixture of the two methods. Gonna have to try it next time I main - could even equip claws for convenience.
"I want to give players the same opportunities that I had when I started playing ba. A fun, welcoming environment with great people to look up to and learn from."
- iTaste 2016

"If I tried, I bet my dick could touch my asshole"
- flunch 2017
[+] Spoiler

January 11th, 2018, 6:38 pm #8

LHC wrote:I wonder if you could hold esc then instead of simply stopping to end the wave in 2t equip an item to end it in 1t. A mixture of the two methods. Gonna have to try it next time I main - could even equip claws for convenience.
There is absolutely nothing stopping you between mixing any methods, so long as you keep the chain.