Castle World Contest I:

Administrative stuff, rules, news and events in the LEGO world.

Castle World Contest I:

The Hordesman
In FBTB Realm
The Hordesman
In FBTB Realm

June 17th, 2008, 5:52 pm #1

CWC I:
Tragic Duel

For this first contest, we will focus on something tragic; a battle between two great heroes that face off against eachother, no matter who is victorious, a great hero will fall. Who are these heroes, for what do they fight for and what have lead them to come to this bloody conclusion?

The prize, donated by Graynar, is this custom set called "Shadow Knight Attack Craft", featuring Vladek and two Shadow Knights with rare normal red torso prints and an old-style skeleton.

Nicelydiddely! Now, to thee rules:
1. 3 Picture limit, you can upload more in a separate folder, but only 3 will be judged.
2. All types of MOCs are allowed, vignettes, battle scenes, castles, vessels... As long as it is castley enough, border-steampunk is allowed as well.
3. A story is required, obviously. It does not matter as much as the MOC itself, but does give it extra depth and may help.
4. For the background story there is a 400 word limit.
5. No already existing stories about two clashing heroes, thanks. This is a story forum for a reason. :P
6. Remember the focus of this contest- the battle between two heroes, don't get carried away (though it could help). ;)

Judges:
Graynar- Donator of prize, creator of contest
The Hordesman- Generic henchman
Quillmaster- Admin, site creator

This contest will end the 25th July
Herpus es Derpus
-Family motto

Myrddin
Wizard at Brickset
Myrddin
Wizard at Brickset

June 17th, 2008, 11:28 pm #2

Neat! I'll hopefully be able to enter this. :rolleyes:
Your ad goes here

TheOrk
Squire at Legoland Billund
TheOrk

June 18th, 2008, 1:40 am #3

This is gonna be awesome! Really, I'm so excited about this, I'll have an entry ready by the end of the week. I can't thank you guys enough for running this, special thanks to Graynar for donating to me that sweet MOC. ;)

You should inform the people at Classic Castle and the other AFOL sites. We could use some new members.
Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two equals four. If that is granted, all else follows.

-George Orwell

doodstormer
Scribe

June 18th, 2008, 5:03 am #4

By "no already existing stories", does that exclude battles from our own universes/stories?

Really excited for this, sounds like something I have the pieces to make.

The Hordesman
In FBTB Realm
The Hordesman
In FBTB Realm

June 18th, 2008, 6:45 am #5

doodstormer @ Jun 18 2008, 05:03 AM wrote: By "no already existing stories", does that exclude battles from our own universes/stories?

That is allowed, though preferably not events that will occur in the story but background or an event that takes place elsewhere in the story. ;)
Herpus es Derpus
-Family motto

Maedhros
Ye Olde Guard
Maedhros
Ye Olde Guard

June 18th, 2008, 9:28 am #6

Lovely idea! I am so going to enter. And thanks for taking some initiatives to keeping this forum going.. Quilly and I have been kind of slow as of late ;)
"All disasters stem from us. Why is there war? Perhaps because now and then I might be inclined to snap at my neighbour. Because I and my neighbour and everyone else do not have enough love. Yet we could fight war and all its excrescences by releasing, each day, the love that is shackled inside us, and giving it a chance to live."

- Etty Hillesum

Graynar
CW Hero

June 19th, 2008, 12:28 am #7

I'm glad everyone sounds excited! This is going to be a great contest! :)

TheOrk
TheOrk

June 19th, 2008, 1:14 am #8

That is allowed, though preferably not events that will occur in the story but background or an event that takes plase elsewhere in the story. 

I was going to ask about that. It looks like I'm good.

Lovely idea! I am so going to enter. And thanks for taking some initiatives to keeping this forum going.. Quilly and I have been kind of slow as of late 

Aye! Speaking of Quilly, does anybody know what happened to him? Is he even aware this contest is going on. :blink:
Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two equals four. If that is granted, all else follows.

-George Orwell

Graynar
CW Hero

June 19th, 2008, 1:40 am #9

Quill Master knows, and he has known about it for quite some time. :ph43r:

doodstormer
Scribe

June 19th, 2008, 5:56 pm #10

Another question, sorry if i missed it...
Is there a limit to how many entries we came make?
With the deadline so far, I was considering making more than one entry...