How HOT is it

How HOT is it

June 28th, 2012, 7:04 pm #1

101 northern Indiana right now. We need rain bad.
How about you guys?????

Kip
Kip

June 28th, 2012, 7:25 pm #2

Same here in Northern Mississipi...but not the usual hot and humid variety! It's 99 degress with a humidity of 29% Now that's unheard of! More like Southern California...which I like.. BUT...we have a horse ranch and our pastures are drying up!

I feel heartsick for all of you in the fire zone in Colorado. That's waaaaay beyond tragic and scary to the max. Being responsible for all these horses (15) the idea of being caught up in a forest fire chills me to the bone.

Kip

June 28th, 2012, 7:49 pm #3

How about you guys?????
It is 107 here in the piney woods of east Texas and very dry. We had bad forest fires last year destroying 44,000 acres prime timber. We also have been in a drought condition for the third year, that is what I get my logs from, all the dead and dying trees. One thing that is helping so far is the humidity gets up to 70 to 80% at night giving some moisture to forest floor and underbrush. In order to work in these conditions it is a early rise at dawn and work until around 11:30 and then stop for the day. At my age it is no longer possible to work in these very hot conditions much longer than that. However I used to work all day in it but even younger folks must be very very careful out there.Hope everyone stays safe and work smart.

Peace
Jerry

april Etue
april Etue

June 28th, 2012, 9:39 pm #4

I'll send you some. Its currently 65 and looking alot like rain over the next few days. We could use a little bit of your heat, for a few days. We're on the west coast near Ocean Shores, Wa.Its been a wet spring.Its sure green though.

Scott
Scott

June 28th, 2012, 10:01 pm #5

Hotter than a blistered a$$ in a pepper patch

Jerry Schieffer
Jerry Schieffer

June 28th, 2012, 10:08 pm #6

I'll send you some. Its currently 65 and looking alot like rain over the next few days. We could use a little bit of your heat, for a few days. We're on the west coast near Ocean Shores, Wa.Its been a wet spring.Its sure green though.
Rain what's that????
I just got back from Canada and it's been in the upper 80's. Here in Wisconsin it's in the middle 90's.
So I packed for my west coast trip to Sedro and Demming for the next 2 weeks with high heat cloths. By chance I checked out the ten day forcast... and what a shock...low 60's most of the time with rain/mist over half the days.
Pulled everything out and repacked with long shirts and long underwear...LOL
It will be a nice break from this heat, that's for sure.
Looking forward to seeing all those talented west coasters.
The only green grass around here comes in those medicinal pouches I see being passed around at the fairs. LOL
Safe travels everyone.
Jerry

June 29th, 2012, 1:43 am #7

It's been a cold, wet spring {by our standards} here in Eastern, WA. I want my desert back!

Butch Elrod - WoodHacker.com

World Map of Chainsaw Carving Artists

Tom Castaneda
Tom Castaneda

June 29th, 2012, 2:11 am #8

68 degrees and a lil drizzle.
Tom Castaneda

Rick
Rick

June 29th, 2012, 11:42 am #9

Loaded hay up out of the field yesterday...110 degrees....looks like no secound cutting, maybe selling livestock. Somehow a fire started and smoldered in front of my carving area in the sawdust. Burnt a black spot, was still smouldering when we put it out.

Robbie
Robbie

June 29th, 2012, 3:35 pm #10

It's so hot and dry here in NW Ohio I saw a tree chasing a dog down the street.

johnny
johnny

June 29th, 2012, 6:30 pm #11

How about you guys?????
103 in Jamestown Tn

June 29th, 2012, 8:13 pm #12

It's been a cold, wet spring {by our standards} here in Eastern, WA. I want my desert back!

Butch Elrod - WoodHacker.com

World Map of Chainsaw Carving Artists
You need to be here then Butch,103 and dry as a desert...

Susan
Susan

July 1st, 2012, 7:00 pm #13

103 in Jamestown Tn
Noon, 52 degrees, and raining a little. In the mountains just north of Mist, Oregon

Susan
Susan

July 1st, 2012, 7:03 pm #14

How about you guys?????
Noon, 52 degrees, raining a little. My kind of July 1 weather.