Anyone have a story about close call with 120?

Anyone have a story about close call with 120?

danh
danh

March 16th, 2018, 1:12 am #1

I was setting up one morning last week under my outside canopy. I had left my extension cord plugged in, the female part was under the canopy but in damp sawdust. I plugged my angle grinder in, and after a few minutes the grinder cord came loose, I plugged her back in, a few seconds later the end of the cord/socket shot out a small arc, burning the wet sawdust nearby.

I'm no expert on electricity, and from looking around online a bit it sounds like 120 doesn't bite very hard, but it gives a good kick. So apparently if it catches you in the wrong position like on a ladder, the consequences are higher.

Anyone have any stories about close calls, or mishaps with electricity when carving?

Quote
Share

Joined: February 5th, 2002, 7:46 pm

March 18th, 2018, 12:55 pm #2

Its got enough to stop your ticker.
Quote
Like
Share

buzzsaw
buzzsaw

March 19th, 2018, 12:02 am #3

not getting shocked but a little old lady said her husband had passed away at nursing home and wanted me to buy his radio he had I felt bad so I said ok paid her went to carving area plugged it in as I was waving bye to her radio exploded on fire and sawdust was burning from sparks . moral of the story is have them plug it in preferably in a non flammable area as there plugging the sale haha
Quote
Share