Jean Schieffer

July 5th, 2012, 12:00 am #1

Jerry called in with these 2012 Sedro-Woolley results:

1st Place: Mark Colp
2nd Place: Bob King
3rd Place: Ryan Anderson
4th Place: Jeff Samudosky
People's Choice: Mark Colp
Carver's Choice: Tie Between Jeff Samudosky and Thor.

LOTS of Photos to follow as soon as Jerry gets to a hotel with internet faster than dial up.

Jen Ruth
Jen Ruth

July 5th, 2012, 3:09 am #2

Thank You Jean !

John Tinray
John Tinray

July 5th, 2012, 3:03 pm #3

Hello Carvers,
I'm not a carver but my wife and I like to attend these shows. Once again there was some amazing carvings. All the carvers are so friendly and talented, we look forward to the Demming show.
One of the high lights for Tina and myself, was seeing the faces of the three kids that received an award (money) for all their help at the show. That was awful nice of the carver that flew in from the Midwest that thought of them. (this is what I overheard but didn't catch the name).
Congrats to Nyle and the Loggersrodeo for a well run show.

John and Tina

BRIAN
BRIAN

July 5th, 2012, 10:23 pm #4

Congrats Mark.

Susan Miller
Susan Miller

July 6th, 2012, 1:46 am #5

Jerry called in with these 2012 Sedro-Woolley results:

1st Place: Mark Colp
2nd Place: Bob King
3rd Place: Ryan Anderson
4th Place: Jeff Samudosky
People's Choice: Mark Colp
Carver's Choice: Tie Between Jeff Samudosky and Thor.

LOTS of Photos to follow as soon as Jerry gets to a hotel with internet faster than dial up.
This has always been a good show, and now it is even better. Good town support, with rooms and food provided for the carvers, generous prizes, outstanding big cedar to carve, and amazing carvers working their hearts out. I'm sorry my photos didn't come out well enough to post.

Great job, Nyal.

Cindy King
Cindy King

July 6th, 2012, 7:25 pm #6

I found these Pictures on Facebook on each of the guys pages.

Mark Colp

Bob King

Ryan Anderson

Jeff Samudosky

Cindy King
Cindy King

July 6th, 2012, 7:30 pm #7

For the people that are not on Facebook...

The story behind the carving: When our daughter Tiffany was about three years old we took her to visit her cousins in Woodland, WA; they had been hatching chicks in an incubator. She fell in love with the cute fuzzy critters. Her cousins told her how the chicks came from the eggs and how if you you didn't have an incubator the mama chicken would sit on the eggs 'til the chicks came out. The next morning Tiffany was up before the rest of us, quietly trying to hatch chicks from about two dozen eggs from our refrigerator! She had broken eggs all over the carpet by sitting on each one trying to make a chick. We couldn't convince her that these eggs were different and didn't have chicks. She said, "Mama, I KNOW this is where chicks come from!" This went on for months, we had to hide the eggs. She grew up without us ever getting chickens, so we thought that we would dedicate this carving to her called "Tiffany's Dream". It was carved over four days with a total of 24 1/4 hours of carving time. It is Western Red Cedar. This show allowed helpers for sanding and finishing, so I was put to work, it was certainly a labor of love!
-Cindy

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 8th, 2012, 4:44 am #8

Nice work.

Carrie
Carrie

July 8th, 2012, 1:46 pm #9

For the people that are not on Facebook...

The story behind the carving: When our daughter Tiffany was about three years old we took her to visit her cousins in Woodland, WA; they had been hatching chicks in an incubator. She fell in love with the cute fuzzy critters. Her cousins told her how the chicks came from the eggs and how if you you didn't have an incubator the mama chicken would sit on the eggs 'til the chicks came out. The next morning Tiffany was up before the rest of us, quietly trying to hatch chicks from about two dozen eggs from our refrigerator! She had broken eggs all over the carpet by sitting on each one trying to make a chick. We couldn't convince her that these eggs were different and didn't have chicks. She said, "Mama, I KNOW this is where chicks come from!" This went on for months, we had to hide the eggs. She grew up without us ever getting chickens, so we thought that we would dedicate this carving to her called "Tiffany's Dream". It was carved over four days with a total of 24 1/4 hours of carving time. It is Western Red Cedar. This show allowed helpers for sanding and finishing, so I was put to work, it was certainly a labor of love!
-Cindy
That's a great story Cindy and an astonishingly beautiful carving done there by Bob.

I think you should write the story as a children's book - you already have the pictures for a front cover! How could any publisher resist that combination?

Thanks for the pictures of other carvers too.
Carrie

Scott
Scott

July 9th, 2012, 1:19 am #10

Bang! Great work