A mobile setup on roadside with my girlfriend and our first sale.

June 23rd, 2018, 10:01 pm #1

Hello to you fellow artist.So far i managed to do carve my first bear and although it certainly looked like a dog my girlfriend was restless so she offered to set up a small bench on the roadside and carve a bigger one as a live show.I told her I feel bad about it as the first one was horrible.Ten minutes after we set up that bear holding the beer bottle and a mushroom was sold.I didn't even had the time to explain it may crack to the nice lady who bought it.She garnbes it and put it in the trunk together with the mushroom..we felt happy so i want to share this adventure here to the community..That bear offered us a good dinner that night :)

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

June 25th, 2018, 11:30 am #2

My first bear looked like a sloth, had to give it away and then got it back one day, now i still have it and it's still ugly!! Congratulations on your first sale, you'll be hooked for sure now....

June 25th, 2018, 12:00 pm #3

Highlander wrote:My first bear looked like a sloth, had to give it away and then got it back one day, now i still have it and it's still ugly!! Congratulations on your first sale, you'll be hooked for sure now....
Highlander thank you very much.The bear has a definite character which is very difficult to imitate by carving for me.Altough i am familiar to work with complicated sculptural work caving an animal is totaly different thing.I am trying to do my best to learn it.I read and i study the structure of the animal itself seriously as I want to do it correct but this standart bar setup limits me a bit I think..i plan a cut which supposedly be the correct one but the tip of the bar doesn't turn into that radius and sometimes destroys my previous lines and sometimes kicks but i am learning how to manipulate it as it is..So far they still look nowhere near a bear but i am happy that piece was sold and offered a dinner to my beautiful lady with my own efforts..we had only 0.70 cents that day ..

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk