June 8th, 2018, 4:11 am #11

The first video I watched was Ovechkin receiving and hoisting the Cup, then giving it to Backstrom. Awesome. So happy for these two guys. A legendary pair of players.

June 8th, 2018, 5:07 am #12

I have watched all the videos, including the interviews. It was not live, but not too long after it happened. I was almost sure they would do anything to finish it tonight. The Knights fought again very hard. They even dominated most games in this final, and maybe even in this game. They created a chance in the last split second. They were heartbroken at the end, but the Caps were on a mission and nothing could stop them.

Smith-Pelly's goal was so impressive. The Caps won thanks to these cheap and ultra-talented players they got this year: DSP, Kempny, Chiasson. Also thanks to the kids who did the job well: Vrana, Djoos. Thanks to the great players that MacLellan brought: Orpik, Niskanen (who was so happy, jumping at the final buzzer), Oshie, Eller. Thanks to the core of players who have only been Capitals.

I liked the fact that the press did not have high expectations for the Caps this year. The Caps did not fear to lose, this year. They wanted to win.

June 8th, 2018, 6:08 am #13

Brian McNally @bmcnally14

#Caps GM Brian MacLellan on Barry Trotz: “He’s under contract until July 1 and he just won a Stanley Cup. If he wants to be back...he’ll be back.”