Game 68 at Anaheim Ducks (L 2-5)

Game 68 at Anaheim Ducks (L 2-5)

March 13th, 2017, 3:22 am #1

Just turning on as Carlson scores mid-game to make it 3-1 (Caps with the 1)... Ducks did all theirs in the 2nd too...

Ducks started the 1st leading SOGs 7-1- sounds like the Caps were flying, yes? lol...

https://www.nhl.com/news/washington-cap ... =277549076

got 2 tough days coming up- work tomorrow filling in, maybe groceries in the afternoon if there's anything left- first major storm headed our way, and work Tuesday through the slop if it's possible. I think I'll hang it up after 2 here...

Wilson to the box with 1:05 left 2nd...

3-1 Ducks, end 2nd.
Last edited by reallycrowesnest on March 13th, 2017, 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I think that the power of the story, if it exists, lies in what reaches the page not in spite of the writer but in spite of what is written."- Frantumaglia, Elena Ferrante July 20, 2015

March 13th, 2017, 6:57 am #2

Ben Raby‏ @BenRaby
#Caps Alex Ovechkin has gone 10-straight games without a goal for first time in NHL career. He's gone 18-straight without even-strength goal
"I think that the power of the story, if it exists, lies in what reaches the page not in spite of the writer but in spite of what is written."- Frantumaglia, Elena Ferrante July 20, 2015

March 13th, 2017, 10:00 pm #3

Just turning on as Carlson scores mid-game to make it 3-1 (Caps with the 1)... Ducks did all theirs in the 2nd too...

Ducks started the 1st leading SOGs 7-1- sounds like the Caps were flying, yes? lol...

got 2 tough days coming up- work tomorrow filling in, maybe groceries in the afternoon if there's anything left- first major storm headed our way, and work Tuesday through the slop if it's possible. I think I'll hang it up after 2 here...

3-1 Ducks, end 2nd.
Looks from your previous thread that the Caps did rather good in game 67, despite the loss. This one was apparently a very bad one.

Pens can become the NHL-leading team tonight. Maybe the heads of the Caps will deflate after that, and we'll see a little bit more of the talent and energy they're hiding.
Last edited by marc_mehdi on March 13th, 2017, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 14th, 2017, 4:40 pm #4

3-1 Ducks, end 2nd.
Pens lost in the shootout, they're tied with Caps in points now, but the Caps have one more win, so they're still leading. The Blue Jackets won, though, and they're one point behind them.

The bad point is that the Caps can fall down to 3rd seed at any moment. The good point is that, since the three teams are tied in games, the Caps can win the Presidents' trophy if they play harder. It only depends on them.

Shattenkirk was a great addition, by the way. A primary assist in each of his last four games. Will be good to have him back after his suspension.