ECSF Game 4 at Pittsburgh Penguins (L 2-3)

May 4th, 2017, 12:43 am #31

Slept through the last one. Looks from your thread, the recap I've read and the video summary I've watched that it was a great game.

Crosby's injury didn't look as bad as I had read. Also, Ovechkin didn't high stick him in the face, it was in the arm, and it's not the reason why Crosby lost his balance.

I believe the Pens lost another player near the end.

Ah, and the Caps started with 7 defensemen! Good idea, since they quickly lost one for the rest of the game. I was wondering what Trotz would do once Alzner would be ready, and he was not able to decide: all 7 had to stay.
"I think that the power of the story, if it exists, lies in what reaches the page not in spite of the writer but in spite of what is written."- Frantumaglia, Elena Ferrante July 20, 2015

May 4th, 2017, 12:44 am #32

Slept through the last one. Looks from your thread, the recap I've read and the video summary I've watched that it was a great game.

Crosby's injury didn't look as bad as I had read. Also, Ovechkin didn't high stick him in the face, it was in the arm, and it's not the reason why Crosby lost his balance.

Ah, and the Caps started with 7 defensemen! Good idea, since they quickly lost one for the rest of the game. I was wondering what Trotz would do once Alzner would be ready, and he was not able to decide: all 7 had to stay.
Orlov scores one against Holtby. 2-0 Penguins. They don't deserve their lead at all.
Last edited by marc_mehdi on May 4th, 2017, 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 4th, 2017, 12:45 am #33

Caps dominating after that goal, though, unlike after the first one.

Caps must now play like their goalie is pulled and they have 2 minutes to tie the game.

May 4th, 2017, 12:51 am #34

KUZNETSOV!!!!

Great shift by Wilson before that. Winnik, Eller, Burakovsky... all these guys wanted it and tried hard.

May 4th, 2017, 12:51 am #35

Back in the game... Kuz!
"I think that the power of the story, if it exists, lies in what reaches the page not in spite of the writer but in spite of what is written."- Frantumaglia, Elena Ferrante July 20, 2015

May 4th, 2017, 12:52 am #36

I tell you: it should be 2-0 Caps, now, not 2-1 for the ugly guys. Caps are playing a great game. One mistake, one bad bounce and the others scored (I admit Hornqvist's shot was great, though).

May 4th, 2017, 12:52 am #37

Schmidt!!

2-2!!

May 4th, 2017, 12:53 am #38

WOW!!!! Told you they had to tie the game quickly, not only score one. And they did.

May 4th, 2017, 12:55 am #39

Only mid-game, hehe. Crazy.

May 4th, 2017, 12:57 am #40

To me, the best team in the East is the Caps. Second is the Leafs. Third is the Pens.

Caps have beaten the Leafs, they must beat the Pens.

They'll have to kill a penalty first, though.