ECSF Game 4 at Pittsburgh Penguins (L 2-3)

May 4th, 2017, 12:14 am #21

Slept through the last one. Looks from your thread, the recap I've read and the video summary I've watched that it was a great game.

Crosby's injury didn't look as bad as I had read. Also, Ovechkin didn't high stick him in the face, it was in the arm, and it's not the reason why Crosby lost his balance.

I believe the Pens lost another player near the end.

Ah, and the Caps started with 7 defensemen! Good idea, since they quickly lost one for the rest of the game. I was wondering what Trotz would do once Alzner would be ready, and he was not able to decide: all 7 had to stay.
Oh, great chance for Burakovsky, but he was a little too much ahead of the puck (there was no way for Eller to give him the puck on his stick, it was already a great pass).

Caps having a good first period. That mistake on the breakaway cost them a lot.

May 4th, 2017, 12:17 am #22

Slept through the last one. Looks from your thread, the recap I've read and the video summary I've watched that it was a great game.

Crosby's injury didn't look as bad as I had read. Also, Ovechkin didn't high stick him in the face, it was in the arm, and it's not the reason why Crosby lost his balance.

Ah, and the Caps started with 7 defensemen! Good idea, since they quickly lost one for the rest of the game. I was wondering what Trotz would do once Alzner would be ready, and he was not able to decide: all 7 had to stay.
Kustnestov a big chance. Caps the best team on the ice.

May 4th, 2017, 12:17 am #23

PP- time to get it back before the break.
"I think that the power of the story, if it exists, lies in what reaches the page not in spite of the writer but in spite of what is written."- Frantumaglia, Elena Ferrante July 20, 2015

May 4th, 2017, 12:18 am #24

Dumoulin to the box. Yes, 50.5 seconds left, it's time to strike.

May 4th, 2017, 12:20 am #25

Icing lol...

1-0 Pens, end 1st.
"I think that the power of the story, if it exists, lies in what reaches the page not in spite of the writer but in spite of what is written."- Frantumaglia, Elena Ferrante July 20, 2015

May 4th, 2017, 12:21 am #26

Two lost faceoffs and an icing. Not too good so far.

Some attempts in the last seconds.

First intermission. Caps will have 70 more seconds with the same guys in the second period to try to do better.
Last edited by marc_mehdi on May 4th, 2017, 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 4th, 2017, 12:22 am #27

Time for X's and O's with Trotz, hehe.

May 4th, 2017, 12:27 am #28

Kuznetsov's chance: if he had lifted the puck like Hornqvist did, it would have gone in.

May 4th, 2017, 12:40 am #29

Nothing much on it...ES.

May 4th, 2017, 12:41 am #30

Grrr, Shattenkirk tried a shot in the last seconds although Ovechkin was all alone and a pass was easy.

Killed.