March 5th, 2018, 4:03 pm #2641

battlingignorance wrote:
stanb wrote: "Aw, stan...you're all a-quiver because the school I worked at for 16 years has closed?!" 

Haaa you mean the for profit  school that was investigated and closed  by the Attorney General for selling false dreams to students and over charging?

"(Hey - I'm doing some teaching at Emerson now- perhaps you can dream up some bitching about that place, no?!)"

You selling false dreams at Emerson now?  Whats next ripping off old ladies?

I am not so sure that you ever had a real job..
Well, dumbass -- it was NOT "closed by the Attorney General". At all. They investigated the school for 7 years, trying to score political points...and found nothing to hang their hat on. So they slunk away, to get on with real work. The asshole for-profit company that bought it out, closed it. Not profitable enough.
A lot of grads from there are doing really well in the applied arts - example: one's sound installation company just put a whole new sound system into one of our schools here in Gloucester. He never stops working.

Your ignorance about the place is ...well, predictable. And yeah, Emerson is a real loser place - no class or reputation, at all! 😂
Do you keep telling yourself that over and over battle so you can sleep at night?  Do a real simple google search and you will
find plenty of stories like the one below.  You are in denial again the place screwed over the kids with false placement claims.
FORMER STUDENTS OF THE NEW ENGLAND INSTITUTE OF ART AREN’T READY TO GIVE UP ON SEEKING LEGAL REMEDIES FOR WHAT THEY CALL FRAUD ON THE PART OF THE SCHOOL. CREDIT: THE DEBT COLLECTIVE

March 5th, 2018, 4:09 pm #2642

Haaa you mean the for profit  school that was investigated and closed  by the Attorney General for selling false dreams to students and over charging?
--------------------------------------------------------
Oh, I thought you were talking about trump university.

March 5th, 2018, 8:41 pm #2643

stanb wrote:
battlingignorance wrote:
stanb wrote: "Aw, stan...you're all a-quiver because the school I worked at for 16 years has closed?!" 

"(Hey - I'm doing some teaching at Emerson now- perhaps you can dream up some bitching about that place, no?!)"

You selling false dreams at Emerson now?  Whats next ripping off old ladies?

I am not so sure that you ever had a real job..
Well, dumbass -- it was NOT "closed by the Attorney General". At all. They investigated the school for 7 years, trying to score political points...and found nothing to hang their hat on. So they slunk away, to get on with real work. The asshole for-profit company that bought it out, closed it. Not profitable enough.
A lot of grads from there are doing really well in the applied arts - example: one's sound installation company just put a whole new sound system into one of our schools here in Gloucester. He never stops working.

Your ignorance about the place is ...well, predictable. And yeah, Emerson is a real loser place - no class or reputation, at all! 😂
Do you keep telling yourself that over and over battle so you can sleep at night?  Do a real simple google search and you will
find plenty of stories like the one below.  You are in denial again the place screwed over the kids with false placement claims.
FORMER STUDENTS OF THE NEW ENGLAND INSTITUTE OF ART AREN’T READY TO GIVE UP ON SEEKING LEGAL REMEDIES FOR WHAT THEY CALL FRAUD ON THE PART OF THE SCHOOL. CREDIT: THE DEBT COLLECTIVE
Keep at it, bitch. But you are still flailing about, lying and trying to make it about me (a faculty member who had no influence on admissions) and you are wrong. Just like you always are, you stupid fuck. Is there something personal about this for you, perhaps? You seem real butt-hurt about it. Try being up-front and honest about it.

Stories are stories, and if any of those former students had anything of substance to work with, they would have been able to follow through and sue successfully (or even get to court, at all) for "damages" - especially with all the support offered from the AG's office, who really tried hard to bring the place down. Unsuccessfully; plus all the online academic ambulance-chasers out there who riled them up for their own potential profit (like the "Debt Collective"). But not one single grad (or drop-out...which was most of the people featured in that story) was able to do that. Because there was no case against the school. Am I defending the corporate owners (EDMC) who bought out a successful, cool little privately-owned college in the Back Bay - where I started teaching - that was growing and popular, and eventually ruined it with their venal admissions practices, unceremonious dumping of great employees, and asset-stripping just to make quarterly profit goals? Hell, no. The parent company were bastards - but that is the whole system, not this one little school. Once more...with all the weight of the MA AG's office for almost 7 years - they had nothing. Nothing. If they had, they would have closed it down years ago. But they didn't, so they couldn't.

Just as at any college - private or public - too many kids are admitted who just shouldn't be there in the first place, or who flame out because they can't do the work (because college-level academics is actually quite demanding - you don't buy a degree, you earn it). Lots of grads at any and all colleges don't end up with their dream jobs. That is life. And that is what you are in denial about. So, how about being honest about your goals here. Man up and come clean.

I shan't hold my breath. Bitch.

March 5th, 2018, 8:56 pm #2644

One small disagreement. My experience with reviewing university admissions applications was that virtually all the applicants were qualified, had the grades and test scores, and were clearly capable of doing the work. As faculty members (who by the way were involved in admissions where I was) we had to make our recommendations for admission on other criteria. We tried primarily to achieve diversity in interests and backgrounds.
Don't you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought?...   ..........
 George Orwell , 1984

March 6th, 2018, 4:02 am #2645

" too many kids are admitted who just shouldn't be there in the first place"  I agree.  It seems like this school helped the kids to get Gov backed student loans and took their $$$ and gave them passing grades to get more $$$ the following year and in the end thy could not re pay the loans.

March 6th, 2018, 6:30 am #2646

Find a room, guys. Or at least another thread.

March 6th, 2018, 6:47 am #2647

Damon wrote: One small disagreement. My experience with reviewing university admissions applications was that virtually all the applicants were qualified, had the grades and test scores, and were clearly capable of doing the work. As faculty members (who by the way were involved in admissions where I was) we had to make our recommendations for admission on other criteria. We tried primarily to achieve diversity in interests and backgrounds.
Actually, when the school was growing and had a good reputation - that is exactly what the largest department (Audio Engineering) did. As did the second largest dept., Media Arts & Animation. In 2008, that was stopped by EDMC edict, and appeals from applicants that were turned down by faculty were almost all overturned by the new President....the EDMC guy. That is where the problems began.

March 6th, 2018, 6:52 am #2648

Did you see the rather bizarre interview Sam Nunberg gave on MSNBC last night? I can’t decide if he was high or just nuts. But he better sober up fast. Mueller is not someone to test.

March 6th, 2018, 6:57 am #2649

stanb wrote: " too many kids are admitted who just shouldn't be there in the first place"  I agree.  It seems like this school helped the kids to get Gov backed student loans and took their $$$ and gave them passing grades to get more $$$ the following year and in the end thy could not re pay the loans.
Just stop - or take it to private message, stan. (apologies, sugar...stan has a bug up his tight, ignorant, ass. No more posts from me about this.)

You agree? If you had any reading comprehension, at all - you'd know that I meant ALL colleges around the US, you illiterate clown. As for "gave them passing grades to get more $$$..." you're just reaching. The $$$ did not make any difference to the school, itself - it all went to EDMC/the Arts Institutes. Have you heard of a little organization called NEASC? If that was routinely going on, they'd have shut the place down, or put it on probation. Didn't happen.

"This school" essentially lost control over the admissions process after EDMC was bought out by Goldman Sucks in 2008 - see my note to Damon above. Their rules and directives, their people in control.

wanna really discuss this like an adult? PM me...we'll sit down face to face and talk. OK?!

Again - I won't hold my breath. Keyboard Coward stan wouldn't dare.  Done, here.

March 6th, 2018, 9:13 am #2650

sugarmagnolia wrote: Did you see the rather bizarre interview Sam Nunberg gave on MSNBC last night? I can’t decide if he was high or just nuts.  But he better sober up fast.  Mueller is not someone to test.
I was wondering if he was a tweaker when I saw his bizarre performance yesterday. 

He seems to have come down a bit from whatever he was on. Now he's saying he'll "probably" accede to the subpoena. 
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
Fortune Cookie
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

March 6th, 2018, 5:46 pm #2651

Who is the bitch now???  I write a sentence and you go on a 5 paragraph rant :) 
You throw the first stone  every time..

March 6th, 2018, 6:18 pm #2652

Yet another Trump staffer going to the exit doors —- Gary Cohn is resigning. Nationalists are strengthened and a trade war is looming.

March 6th, 2018, 10:31 pm #2653

Besides Hope Hicks and Gary Cohn, the list of the gone baby gone include:
Cabinet: HHS Secretary Tom Price
West Wing: Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, Deputy Chief of Staff Katie Walsh, Deputy Chief of Staff Rick Dearborn, Director of Public Liaison George Sifakis, Office of Public Liaison Communications Director Omarosa Manigault, Staff Secretary Rob Porter, Deputy Assistant to the President Sean Cairncross, Chief Usher Angella Reid, Assistant to the President Reed Cordish, Deputy Chief of Staff Jim Carroll (who's leaving his post to become the "drug czar")
White House Communications: Press Secretary Sean Spicer, Assistant Press Secretary Michael Short, Communications Director #1 Mike Dubke, Communications Director #2 Anthony Scaramucci, Rapid Response Director Andy Hemming, Speechwriter David Sorensen, Senior Communications Official Josh Raffel
National Security team: National Security Advisor Michael Flynn, Deputy National Security Advisor K.T. McFarland, Deputy National Security Advisor Dina Powell, Advisor to the National Security Council Monica Crowley, Director for intelligence programs at the National Security Council Ezra Cohen-Watnick, Deputy Chief of Staff at the National Security Council Tera Dahl, Director Of Strategic Planning at the National Security Council Rich Higgins, NSC Middle East Advisor Derek Harvey, U.S. diplomat overseeing North Korea policy Joseph Yun, Senior Advisor to the Defense Secretary Sally Donnelly
The self-identified "nationalist" wing: Chief White House Strategist Steve Bannon, National Security Aide Sebastian Gorka
Justice Department: Acting U.S. Attorney General Sally Yates, FBI Director James Comey, Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe, Principal Deputy Assistant Attorney General Mary McCord, FBI Assistant Director Mike Kortan, Justice Department's Counterintelligence and Export Control Section chief David Laufman, Associate Attorney General Rachel Brand, dozens of U.S. Attorneys
Office of the Vice President: Chief of Staff Josh Pitcock, Press Secretary Marc Lotter, Chief Counsel Mark Paoletta, Domestic Policy Director Daris Meeks
A cavalcade of others that includes CDC Director Brenda Fitzgerald, National Economic Council Deputy Director Jeremy Katz, Domestic Policy Council Deputy Director Paul Winfree; Director of Office of Government Ethics Walter Shaub, Department of Energy Office of Indian Energy Director William Bradford, Department of Homeland Security Faith-Based Director Jamie Johnson, Corporation for National and Community Service Chief of External Affairs Carl Higbie, Office of Drug Control Policy Deputy Chief of Staff Taylor Weyeneth, Trump legal team spokesperson Mark Corallo, EPA Office of Science and Technology Director Elizabeth Southerland, State Department Counselor Maliz Beams, State Department Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs Thomas Shannon, Ambassador to Panama John Feeley, National Economic Council adviser George David Banks, Federal Railroad Administration's acting chief Heath Hall, and Carl Icahn, who served as a special adviser to the president on regulatory reform.

The big question now is what fools would possibly come to replace them?

March 6th, 2018, 10:56 pm #2654

The inside scoop in Washington is that NOBODY, not even Republicans. want to work in this White House. It's toxic. No competent person wants to sully his/her resume by associating with such incompetence and chaos. Not even the most stalwats Republicans. 

All we will see is nutjobs and evildoers at this point. 

It's the swampiest and most festering swamp we've ever seen. 
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
Fortune Cookie
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

March 6th, 2018, 11:00 pm #2655

sugarmagnolia wrote: Did you see the rather bizarre interview Sam Nunberg gave on MSNBC last night? I can’t decide if he was high or just nuts.  But he better sober up fast.  Mueller is not someone to test.
I spent way too much time yesterday watching Nunberg interviews - like watching a proverbial train wreck.  I was impressed with Ari Melber who did not try to elicit juicy tidbits but seemed to be more concerned with advising Nunberg that he was screwing himself.  I've long been fascinated with Roger Stone - I mean, really, who cannot be fascinated with someone who has an image of Nixon tattooed on their back?  Curious times, indeed.

March 7th, 2018, 6:29 am #2656

Why does Stone remind me of G. Gordon Liddy?

March 7th, 2018, 7:51 am #2657

sugarmagnolia wrote: Why does Stone remind me of G. Gordon Liddy?
Inveterate Liars, both.

March 7th, 2018, 8:11 am #2658

battlingignorance wrote:
sugarmagnolia wrote: Why does Stone remind me of G. Gordon Liddy?
Inveterate Liars, both.
And Stone is one of today's preeminent ratfuckers. 

Which makes him more like H.R. Haldeman.
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
Fortune Cookie
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

March 7th, 2018, 12:33 pm #2659

I think that it is a "Dr. Strangelove" air about both Liddy and Stone.  There is just something unreal about them.

Haldeman was just a pure asshole.

March 7th, 2018, 2:54 pm #2660

Stormy Daniels is my favorite actress this week. And if these allegations are true at all that somehow she was
coerced into spanking Donald Trump with a rolled up Forbes Magazine (featuring Trump on the cover) as well
as other naughty activities, the public certainly has a right to know!

She is not only an award winning actress, but an accomplished director. Now she stands as yet another vicitm
in the ongoing wreckage that is the Trump Administration. She remains a profile in courage, even under great duress.